Login

russian armor

P2P commanders

3 Jan 2014, 08:43 AM

They don't dare do any significant nerfs to it. I think it's going to be marginal and I fear it will arrive along with a new super-unit in a future DLC.

I see mention of the end-war coming up. Perhaps they plan on adding the Maus? Would be like 4 times TA.
3 Jan 2014, 15:59 PM

I'm not gonna lie, I'd pay for a commander with the Maus in. :drool:

The Tiger Ace (with its current stats) is much more OP than a King Tiger would be, but tbh none of the stuff in the leaked screenshots appears to be particularly OP IMO. I mean, there's likely stuff in there that we've not seen yet, and so only the betas will be privy to, but I really can't imagine any future commanders could rival Elite Troops and pre-nerf Industry for absurdity.

I am crossing my fingers that the Maus will make an appearance in 1945 ToW, but I know the reasons against adding it vastly outnumber those for adding it. But come on, the 1945 pack needs to be absolutely epic (even if the outcome was never in doubt) and so the Maus would be a pretty awesome challenge.

Come on, just imagine it as a solo challenge; you're given a finite number of units at the start (like on Blitzkrieg) and have to make do with what you've got or can capture. You're the first units to reach the Maus prototype factory and so the aim is to either capture or destroy it. It's pretty well entrenched, but clearly the mission has to be possible. You could have it so that it starts off with very little health and a destroyed engine, but is being repaired by a single Pioneer squad, and so the longer you take to get to it, the harder the mission will be because eventually it'll be able to fire, and then finally move.

There is no fucking way I wouldn't pay for a ToW pack with that in. :bananadance:
3 Jan 2014, 16:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

snip

That would be awesome. Just keep it outta mah automatch! :)
3 Jan 2014, 16:37 PM

Yeah, it's probably best being kept as a ToW unit - and of course for modders to use.

I certainly wouldn't advocate a Maus being used in a normal DLC commander, though. Clearly the response would be like Elite Troops x1000, and it was just a prototype unit anyway so has no place in MP.

But hey, if we have to pay £7 for future ToW packs (I think the Southern Fronts discount was a one-off, but I'm happy to be wrong there) then it's good to have something to show for it, and so a cool new superheavy tank would definitely qualify.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 18
Netherlands 14
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak