Login

russian armor

How to deal with pay2win "commanders"?

10 Jan 2014, 13:13 PM

First of all, as some other guys said, the game is balanced based on 1v1 (even back in CoH1 some people said that more than 1v1 games are not balanced which I somehow agree).
Besides, despite having some balance issues, I don't call these commanders P2WIN. Before you say it, YES, They need some minor changes. But if you counter their early-game tactics you can easily win the game.
As stichy said, you have to play with these so-called P2W commanders to know how they actually work, and then you understand their disadvantages.
The thing you said about tiger ace, I have destroyed many tiger aces, and also got raped by them. It's just the matter of early/mid game map control.
13 Jan 2014, 09:40 AM

There is exactly ONE reason why people say "not p2w":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

So just follow the first advice you got, its the most imporant one. After that, you have to live with it. Like when you play vs. Computer and they need some cheat because they are simply not good enough. That makes playing vs them easier.

When you struggle vs a p2w player, the game would have been very boring without them. So you even gain some fun from p2w :)
22 Jan 2014, 18:16 PM

no commanders are P2W

i play with no bulletins selected and the first 3 German commanders on the roster

i hate to say it but if you think coh2 is p2w you need to get gud
3 Feb 2014, 21:52 PM

no commanders are P2W

i play with no bulletins selected and the first 3 German commanders on the roster

I hate to say it, but if you don't think that buying commanders is not p2w, then you really need to get your head out of your ass.
4 Feb 2014, 00:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge

no commanders are P2W

Nonsense, you went with elite/mech assault/festung against me the other day and raged to high heaven when your sniper got mortar'd 5 times that match. You also had bulletins.

I daresay that if you think some commanders and abilities, particularly some paid ones, aren't (vastly) superior to some of the free commanders, you probably need to
get gud
6 Feb 2014, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 21:52 PMKuci

I hate to say it, but if you don't think that buying commanders is not p2w, then you really need to get your head out of your ass.

opposing fronts must've been pay2win too, new units, no one has them but those who bought it, etc.

10 Feb 2014, 18:15 PM

Not pay2win. The 3 commanders I see brought up here are easily countered if you know what you are doing:

How to counter Elite: Elite players are spending a lot of fuel on vetting, so if you can get vehicles out early you are at a big advantage. Focus on anti-infantry units for the first 5 minutes, and try to get total squad kills, it will severely hurt them.

How to counter Luftwaffe: Luftwaffe's primary edge is the endless supply of ammo it gets. I play Luft frequently, and will regularly stock up on ammo well before my airstrikes are available. So, don't let luft get ammo points. It's really that simple.

How to counter industry: Grenadiers first, Panzergrenadiers with schrecks second, panthers third. Focus on capturing ammo. Put mines everywhere. Find their repair depots and destroy them. if you see any infantry at all, kill it immediately.

Honestly the most overpowered doctrines are not these 3. They are the most radical ones, but the best? No. Shock Army is free and is arguably the best doctrine in the game, with the most powerful infantry unit and the best mortar available in the first couple minutes of the game, and the best airstrike late game.

What would I consider pay to win? Industry when it first came out, pre-nerf. If vetting with elite didn't cost fuel, or the Tiger Ace had no drawback. These doctrines are powerful, certainly, but in taking them you are committing yourself to a fairly narrow strategy that does have counters. Compare to Spearhead, which provides a well rounded set with no weaknesses.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★