Login

russian armor

(2v2) Dukla Pass

27 Dec 2013, 15:46 PM

Hello people.

I've made a new little map, a village-in-the-center-flanks-all-around kind of map, called Dukla Pass.

27/12.
______
It's still in development since I've done close to no play-testing. Give it a go and let me know what you think.
Thx.

Update 31/12
v.1.1
-Moved the fuel points to be further in to the playing field, hopefully making them more hotly contested.
-Added territory-controlled unit entry-points to change the pacing a bit.

Update 9/1
v.1.2
-Changed a building that was glitching.
-Created minimap.

Update 11/1
v1.2.1
-Properly designed the VP's for better balance and gameplay.
30 Dec 2013, 22:26 PM

Hello people.

I've made a new little map, a village-in-the-center-flanks-all-around kind of map, called Dukla Pass.

It's still in development since I've done close to no play-testing. Give it a go and let me know what you think.
Thx.

I updated the map over the weekend, but I'm having some trouble with the workshop not registering the new changes. Will look in to it over the next few days.
EDIT: Fixed.
3 Jan 2014, 00:00 AM

9 Jan 2014, 21:40 PM

There, Quicksilver has bee nice enough to do some playtesting and I've made the above changes.
10 Jan 2014, 14:31 PM

Can you post an image of the tactical map with territory sectors? This would help showcase your map better.

Features such as the farms you have seem very flat and are cluttered with hay bails. Try to place your cover objects more strategically, you're making a playground for coh players, make the playground engaging to the players. These features could use landscaping and some textural blending.. not to mention adjacent features that help the map flow better.

The circular sand-bag bunkers you have created also seem to be isolated and unnatural. Solve this in the same way I stated above. Maybe reference some actual ww2 pictures to get some inspiration.

Visually, the atmosphere you have created looks very nice, but you need work on the details. Many of your objects seem isolated and unrealistic. Try to blend the features of the map into the landscape a bit more.

One thing that you can do easily is blend your splines in a bit better. To do this, select the spline, make sure to select texture from the right-hand menu, and use the "colourize" button. Make the spline a bit transparent. Often, it looks good to layer splines/splats and adjusting the opacity.

I hope this helps. Keep it up!

10 Jan 2014, 15:25 PM

Can you post an image of the tactical map with territory sectors? This would help showcase your map better.

Features such as the farms you have seem very flat and are cluttered with hay bails. Try to place your cover objects more strategically, you're making a playground for coh players, make the playground engaging to the players. These features could use landscaping and some textural blending.. not to mention adjacent features that help the map flow better.

The circular sand-bag bunkers you have created also seem to be isolated and unnatural. Solve this in the same way I stated above. Maybe reference some actual ww2 pictures to get some inspiration.

Visually, the atmosphere you have created looks very nice, but you need work on the details. Many of your objects seem isolated and unrealistic. Try to blend the features of the map into the landscape a bit more.

One thing that you can do easily is blend your splines in a bit better. To do this, select the spline, make sure to select texture from the right-hand menu, and use the "colourize" button. Make the spline a bit transparent. Often, it looks good to layer splines/splats and adjusting the opacity.

I hope this helps. Keep it up!

Thanks for the input! I'm not a very good player myself so I'm not always certain what players want/what works in a map on a tactical and strat level. You're right about the sandbags etc, often they just end up nothing more than indefinite placeholders.

Thanks for taking the time critiquing my map.
10 Jan 2014, 19:08 PM

I quite like your resource layout by the way. One suggestion though: use the VP sectors as cut-offs/points of importance outside of their inherent game play value. For instance, you can use a VP the same way as you might use a normal strat point, such as in Langres, where the middle VP acts as a cut-off running along the road.
11 Jan 2014, 15:36 PM

I quite like your resource layout by the way. One suggestion though: use the VP sectors as cut-offs/points of importance outside of their inherent game play value. For instance, you can use a VP the same way as you might use a normal strat point, such as in Langres, where the middle VP acts as a cut-off running along the road.

Ok, I'm not certain if players find the harsher cutoffs I've used on this map enjoyable to play or not. I guess there will always be both opinions, but I've not heard any explicit arguments either way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★