Login

russian armor

KV-8

25 Dec 2013, 07:06 AM
Donator 11

Still needs a nerf imo, just putting it out there.
25 Dec 2013, 07:37 AM

no, it doesn't. It's fine. Just putting it out there.
25 Dec 2013, 11:39 AM

Raise the MP cost to 440 to match the KV-1 perhaps. The tank itself is fine, though.
25 Dec 2013, 12:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Good arguments, just putting it out there
25 Dec 2013, 15:38 PM

Good points for a nerf made by OP, just putting it out there. Quality balance thread
30 Dec 2013, 16:59 PM
Donator 11

no unit should be able to squad wipe a vet 3 grenadier while retreating.

KV-8 approached my VET 3 grenadier with full health and I let him approach because I wanted to panzerfaust it, by the time it did, 2 models were killed and hit retreat immediately after the faust and the KV-8 had time to kill both other models. Ridiculous.
30 Dec 2013, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2013, 16:59 PMZ3r07
no unit should be able to squad wipe a vet 3 grenadier while retreating.

KV-8 approached my VET 3 grenadier with full health and I let him approach because I wanted to panzerfaust it, by the time it did, 2 models were killed and hit retreat immediately after the faust and the KV-8 had time to kill both other models. Ridiculous.

The mistake you made there was fausting the KV-8 in the first place. Of course it should be able to wipe out a vet 3 grenadier squad, its sole purpose is to absolutely destroy infantry that are stupid enough to get too close or try to faust/shrek it.

I don't see how you can complain when you knew the risks would be huge if you stayed and tried to faust a KV-8.
30 Dec 2013, 17:27 PM
Donator 11

The mistake you made there was fausting the KV-8 in the first place. Of course it should be able to wipe out a vet 3 grenadier squad, its sole purpose is to absolutely destroy infantry that are stupid enough to get too close or try to faust/shrek it.

I don't see how you can complain when you knew the risks would be huge if you stayed and tried to faust a KV-8.

so tell me, which unit can wipe out a 6 man squad like the KV-8 does so quickly from the Ostheer side ?

it's ridiculous how so many units from the Soviets can completely wipe out grenadiers or pgrens in such a short amount of time.

COH is all about keeping your units alive and trying to faust or not, a 2 second mistake can cost you a whole squad vs. the KV-8 and a bunch of other soviet units for that matter.
30 Dec 2013, 17:48 PM

The thing is, the KV-8 was already nerfed a while back to stop it auto-roasting squads within the first two seconds. On top of that, it was moved back to 9 CP in the last patch, so it's now on a par with the IS-2 and Tiger in terms of when you're going to see it on the battlefield.

What else do you want to do to it? If you had to wait for 9 CP, 440 MP and 135 fuel for an up-armoured FHT then I'd suggest that it was a pretty pointless unit that came too late. You'd just retreat everything and send in your nearest Panzer IV or Panther to take it out.

The KV-8 is supposed to be a terrifying weapon that will annihilate your squads given half a chance. It's late-game and fairly expensive considering it has pretty negligible anti-tank weaponry, so I tend to agree with Kurt.

If the KV-8 gets further nerfs then you will simply never see it used.
30 Dec 2013, 18:07 PM

So is an Ostwind but it doesn't kill half as fast. But heaven forbid Germans have an anti infantry tank that kills as well as Soviets.
30 Dec 2013, 18:19 PM

So is an Ostwind but it doesn't kill half as fast. But heaven forbid Germans have an anti infantry tank that kills as well as Soviets.

Heaven forbid the soviets have a AT tank that kills as well as the Germans. It's a 2-way street.
30 Dec 2013, 18:34 PM
Donator 11

Heaven forbid the soviets have a AT tank that kills as well as the Germans. It's a 2-way street.

ZIS...

2-3 ZIS + KV-8, and your set.
30 Dec 2013, 20:03 PM

The Su 85 is the most efficient tank in the game. Can outsee and outshoot you, and can do it in reverse. I'd take su-85s over Tigers any day, which like all German tanks, needs to suicide rush Soviet Tanks. The Stug once was the equivalent, but got nerfed to almighty hell.
30 Dec 2013, 22:02 PM

Considering how late the KV-8 comes in the game it shouldn't be that hard to counter in time.
30 Dec 2013, 23:19 PM

You should have plenty of AT capabilities at the time that KV-8 comes out, its a shock unit, it's supposed to fuck you over a bit ;)
30 Dec 2013, 23:22 PM

It clearly doesn't need a Nerf, just don't put you infantry in harms way, simple really. 1 p4 can take it out, and its rather easy, because 90% of people tend to over extend the KV-8
31 Dec 2013, 04:21 AM

i say only thing need to change is the price, it is too cheap for its effectiveness compare it to Brummbar it is quite OP for its price
31 Dec 2013, 06:58 AM

i say only thing need to change is the price, it is too cheap for its effectiveness compare it to Brummbar it is quite OP for its price

That's because the Brummbar is overpriced, not because the KV-8 is underpriced.

At 9CPs and with the one nerf a few patches ago, it's now at a much better spot.
31 Dec 2013, 08:20 AM
Patrion 14

KV-8 is totally fine, doesnt come out all that early and can more or less only deal with infantry. As stated above, if any later more expensive or other nerfs, it wouldnt see much action.
1 Jan 2014, 00:28 AM

+1
Never try to beat AI tank with infantry.
Never try to beat AT tank with tanks.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS