Login

russian armor

Atmosphere presets

23 Dec 2013, 15:20 PM

Is it possible to save & then load an atmosphere preset? I can't locate the relevant folders.
23 Dec 2013, 15:40 PM

Seems like loading custom presets is impossible at the moment because they won't show up in the list. That is a bug though and should be fixed soon (at least I hope so)
24 Dec 2013, 16:00 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Relic clearly wanted to disable modding support. They did that by blocking "unofficial" sga archives. Since they re-enabled -dev mode they had to get rid of the -dev mode's nature of loading uncompressed data. It seems that WorldBuilder suffered from this action as well.
Nem
22 Feb 2014, 05:33 AM

Hold the shift key down while you click the Load button in the Atmosphere Properties dialog.
22 Feb 2014, 18:15 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2014, 05:33 AMNem
Hold the shift key down while you click the Load button in the Atmosphere Properties dialog.

Astounding work!

That looks to have done the job. I'm checking out a few things now, but that method looks good to me.

[Edit]

I'm afraid that this hasn't worked for me. Can anybody else report if it has for them?

At present, you can save the files, but loading them doesn't actually do anything, and you cannot physically add files to Atmosphere Transitions.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 28 Feb 2014, 08:58 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Loading the WB at home, I see how you guys have a strange treeview window. At work, we just get a standard windows open dialogue box - may have been someone's intention to make the atmosphere settings more user friendly (they certainly scare me), but backfired a bit. I'll let someone know, but I'm not sure how soon this would be fixed.
28 Feb 2014, 09:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Previously you would have to exctract archieves and put them into the right places in order to access atmosphere settings and grass etc...
IIRC the situation as it is now, was a workaround to make it easier for newcomers by loading the archieves by default. But as a consequence, we can't save our own settings anymore, because only the archieves are loaded.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 28 Feb 2014, 09:05 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Yeah, I was actually the one who asked them to try to make that dialogue a bit more user friendly and include some pre-mades so people didn't have to bang their head against the wall messing with the sliders, but I guess it wasn't taken into account.

Been using this tool for 8 years and I still can't make a damn atmosphere that looks decent.
28 Feb 2014, 09:48 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Yeah, I was actually the one who asked them to try to make that dialogue a bit more user friendly and include some pre-mades so people didn't have to bang their head against the wall messing with the sliders, but I guess it wasn't taken into account.

I'm glad the decision was made, to be fair! There's far less hassle involved, but transitions are out of the question now.

Been using this tool for 8 years and I still can't make a damn atmosphere that looks decent.

And you're not alone. Working on maps for vCOH mods, it was consistently the one thing that everyone wanted changing once a map of mine was finished. All the more reason I'm grateful for the Relic pre-mades! It gives us somewhere to start!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★