Login

russian armor

Scout Cars

23 Dec 2013, 03:01 AM

What is everyones thoughts on this unit regarding its time it comes on the field, pricing, survivalbility, amount of damage it causes to enemies on a regular/general basis.

I've had some luck with them from time to time. I tend to use them with their upgrade sometimes to get rid of soviet redneck pickup truck flame or sniper clowns cars.

I've had other luck killing units and vetting them, but more often they seem a little inefficient for any relevant strategy to utilize them fully effectively.

Many times I find myself wondering if I should even risk using fuel and just saving it for a p4.

Thoughts?
23 Dec 2013, 03:13 AM
Patrion 27

If you see someone build more than one M3A1 or a Sniper as Soviets the scout car can do some serious work. Otherwise it's mostly a scouting tool.
23 Dec 2013, 03:18 AM

they once were able to deal with t70s in pairs. Now they get killed by being sneezed at. They are more fragile then a kettengrad and cost fuel.......if they were welded on top of a Stug III e with an arty officer behind the wheel and had a counter barrage ability they would be just as effective/useless..
23 Dec 2013, 04:17 AM

it is very useless now, before at time where soviets spam M3+flamer and sniper, it have is shine, also were good when soviets spam weapon teams. now it got eaten by shocks and guards the sec it hit front line due to recent change.

it was also able to gain 2-3 vet level before T70 hits the field and able to serve as early counter to take on the non vet T70, now T70 hits the field no far behind SC hits field so it go no chance to stand up against T70t now.
23 Dec 2013, 07:57 AM
Patrion 14

Since it goes down so fast to small arms + AT nade I have trouble finding use for it other than as a reactionary unit to hunt down clowncars with, or as a as the name says, a recon unit. It depends on the map however, if the map is wide enough it could be upgunned and hunt katyushas and OPs behind the lines, as long as you can afford to lose it.

I think it could use a small HP buff so it could have more uses and more stayingpower.

23 Dec 2013, 13:56 PM

not too impressed with this unit, I wish it dealt more damage considering how fragile it is
23 Dec 2013, 14:01 PM

the unit was great when the vet2 gave him a durability buff, however now is just trash, a simply conscript AT nade is all you need to kill it.
23 Dec 2013, 14:46 PM

How can you seriously expect more for the price?

I find that they are worth the Investment if you concentrate on kiting. Anything else means premature death.

Bottom-line, the SCs always end up dying. I guess thats what ppl are referring to here. But so do M3s and if it's earned its price, then it really doesn't matter IMO.
23 Dec 2013, 16:24 PM

theres nothing to kite if soviets can just shoot it down with bullets, even the shock troops do a lot of dmg to it. Yes ppsh penetrate an armored car lol
23 Dec 2013, 16:50 PM

While it isn't all that effective, it is worth it's cheap cost. Maybe it could use a minor durability increase with a price increase to match.
24 Dec 2013, 03:05 AM

all i can say is that i hate it while playing soviets (2v2s) i usually try to get scout car as 3/4 unit and send it out first uncrewed then put a flamer to counter mgs or a sniper to counter grens, opponents that does not get his own scout car have tough time against me and in such cases i end up with vet 2/3 scout car+ sniper.

in the current meta a scout car with a flamer can kill mg in a house in several seconds, even if you have a gren near by i just move to the other side of the house, if you have snipers a sniper scout car will render them useless as it can travel fast and you mostly won't know where is it.

bottom line if you mainly build grens in t1 then i don't think you need it, but id you have support units then you need it.

you should not get it if there are guards on the field though
24 Dec 2013, 04:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It should have a huge sight range so it can actually be a scout car
24 Dec 2013, 12:12 PM

theres nothing to kite if soviets can just shoot it down with bullets, even the shock troops do a lot of dmg to it. Yes ppsh penetrate an armored car lol

Kiting does not imply not taking a single bullet. Ofc you will.

The point is to stay at max range and then retreat it for repair when health approaches about half.

SC is not a tank. It's not supposed to be run into the enemy.
24 Dec 2013, 15:17 PM

This unit is supposed to be an Armored car has it says in the description, it does just not fulfill its role even has scout car, its too squishy.
24 Dec 2013, 18:25 PM

Kiting does not imply not taking a single bullet. Ofc you will.

The point is to stay at max range and then retreat it for repair when health approaches about half.

SC is not a tank. It's not supposed to be run into the enemy.

Kiting is useless since it takes small arms fire damage and out-ranges nothing, only reason to kite is to not get at naded. And it takes more damage then it gives so whats the point of building it except vs m3s?
24 Dec 2013, 18:43 PM

Kiting is useless since it takes small arms fire damage and out-ranges nothing, only reason to kite is to not get at naded. And it takes more damage then it gives so whats the point of building it except vs m3s?

Repairing a damaged scout car is free, replacing lost conscripts is not.
24 Dec 2013, 18:46 PM

Repairing a damaged scout car is free, replacing lost conscripts is not.

repairing is never free, you lose time, time that could be used to cap with pios or kill with them
24 Dec 2013, 19:01 PM

Unless you repair while in a cap circle. ;)

Just to clarify, the OP is talking about the German 221/222 Scout Car, and not the Soviet M3 Scout Car.

Helps to be more specific.
24 Dec 2013, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2013, 19:01 PMTurtle
Unless you repair while in a cap circle. ;)

Just to clarify, the OP is talking about the German 221/222 Scout Car, and not the Soviet M3 Scout Car.

Helps to be more specific.

or just get 15 Pio Squads so repairs ain't a problem MVGame
24 Dec 2013, 19:59 PM

I wish it was like during alpha, how when you upgraded the scout car it would give it more hp and a better gun. Sadly they nerfed it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★