Login

russian armor

Weather

18 Dec 2013, 15:26 PM

I've been making a map for me and my friend to play on, and it's set after the winter, so I want it to be rainy and use the mud system, but I can't figure out how to do either. Plus I have yet to find a single tutorial on how to do this, all I find is the basic stuff which I already know how to do. So if anyone could help me out that would be great.
18 Dec 2013, 15:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

To use mud instead of ice go to scenario> terrain properties> misc and select "use mud"
Now to add mud go to the heightmap editor and select "edit top layer" It works the same as using the height map editor.
If this is the first time you will notice it looks like you are adding deep snow to the map, this is because you are using the textures for snow. It behaves as mud ingame!

To change the texture of mud/snow go to scenario>atmosphere options >weather>mud
I dont know what all the settings mean but the most important are the textures, set them to anything with the name of mud. If you want the mud to look good you will have to add some basic splats to it

For rain the easiest way to get some rain is to import the settings of a map with rain and then just modify them from that point. Go to preset and load an atmosphere. _tow_schildkroterberg has light rain and dlc/mp_semois_rainfall has very heavy rain. Uncheck all the options if you import except for rain if you want to keep the settings of your map. Then go to the weather and change for your own liking. it should update in seconds after you click apply.

A good way to learn is just check out the maps made by relic. You will have to extract them first but that is easy. Importing the settings for mud doesn't seem to work atm though.
19 Dec 2013, 21:19 PM

The easiest way to get mud-settings is by loading relic settings via the load button on top of the atmosphere settings. Under DLC you'll find the settings used in the Southern Front DLC maps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★