Login

russian armor

ATG Ambush Tactics (Commander Unlock)

18 Dec 2013, 02:22 AM

Is this really worth 5 CPs considering the current (questionable) state of ATGs right now? Bear in mind, I play mostly (pub) team games, so most of the time ATGs end up getting nuked by the nearest half-competent player. IIRC, you don't even get a buff for the camo anymore. I'd bought the Soviet Mechanized Support Tactics commander just to make use of Guards with camo'd ATGs and ISU support, but with the new CP system the ISU rarely ever gets fielded and the ATG camo is meh at best, since constant movement is needed in CoH2--and the camo inhibits this.

I'm finding the Shock Motor Heavy Tactics commander to be much more worthwhile with Shock Troops, Con Repairs, and vehicle awareness in addition to the ISU--feeling a might cheated out of my money since the Mechanized Support commander is such a washout (hue hue, not like Relic would ever nickel and dime us).

So yeah, ATG camo--worth 5 CPs? Besides your odd ninja arty barrage (which will be a one trick pony in almost any game, and of little use) is there a point of using it?
18 Dec 2013, 03:10 AM

If they implemented a 1st shot bonus equivalent to "Target Weakpoint" of germ player then it would be effective at its current CP, otherwise it comes too late. Either lower CP to 0 or give us a bonus for using this meh ability.
18 Dec 2013, 05:38 AM

It needs to receive a chance to shock the crew when it comes out of camo. This would punish players that are reckless with their armor. The Pak could also receive this chance when it hits vet 3 and receives its camo vet bonus.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★