Login

russian armor

A couple suggestions

16 Dec 2013, 10:36 AM
Patrion 27

I just got finished watching the last SNF and it was really nice to see players using some alternate units and strategies. I think the CP changes and building modifier changes have been a great change to bring the game closer to being great.

I have a few ideas, some I have mentioned in other threads so please forgive me if I repeat myself.

- Ability to shift queue Conscript merge ability.
I want to merge, then retreat, or merge then advance to a cp but right now conscripts just stop after merging.

- Toggle reinforcing and repairing.
The same as DOWII "overwatch" ability: right clicking the reinforce hot key will auto-reinforce whenever the squad is in range. Likewise I'd like to see this ability transfer to repairs.

-Victory Points aren't objects.
Since VP's don't provide any cover the only thing they do by being objects is completely screw up vehicle pathing. The center VP on Semoisky is the perfect example as it can get your vehicles killed lickety split by trying to maneuver them near the church.

- Hold Fire for all units.
This is elaborated on in this thread: http://www.coh2.org/topic/11832/hold-fire-for-all-units

- Single Panzershreck upgrades on Panzergrenadiers.
Allowing for more flexible play at 60 munitions each for up to two Panzershrecks.

- PTRS rifles as a munitions upgrade on Guards.
Putting Guards in a more flexible role in line with Panzergrenadiers, they would spawn as a much more mobile unit. This may tread on Penal's territory but I think Penals access to great shock weapons in the flamethrower and satchel charges and their lack of armor sets them apart from the Guards.

- Commander specific weapons benefiting from related global bulletins.
Bulletins that include both factions applying to their respective call-ins like Dushka MG, Ostheer light vehicle transports and mortar halftrack, 120mm mortar and Pak43.

-Opel blitz truck being granted some sort of veterancy abilities.
Otherwise just remove the superfluous vet on it.

-Panzerwerfer and Katushya able to do normal barrages or fire individual rockets.
One of the bulletins specifically references how this was done yet we are not granted the ability. Not cool.

-BONUS-

While Peter Qumsieh was co-casting with Ami at one point he mentioned a sector of the map and activity going on there and said (paraphrasing) "I wish we had a way to ping the map to show each other the area we are talking about while co casting COH2."

Even Relic employees are frustrated with no observation mode :P

17 Dec 2013, 01:49 AM
Patrion 27

Did any of you catch PQ on the last SNF explaining that MG window change time in garrisons is based on their reload time? This means their bulletin for 10% reload will make them switch faster. He elaborated that Relic wants to keep some of these more subtle interactions hidden from the players for them to find out...

I find this confusing when Relic is saturating my ears with the phrase "Data Driven" yet they are keeping data, that affects gameplay, hidden from the players.

Edit: So I'm wondering if the armor penetration bulletins in the game only penetrate vehicle armor more effectively or if it transfers to infantry armor as well.
17 Dec 2013, 02:21 AM

So I'm wondering if the Guards +2% armor penetration works with infantry armor.

Now that I think about it, it most likely does.

Good find.
26 Dec 2013, 20:06 PM
Patrion 27

I just wanted to bump this since it got 204 views and ONE response.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★