Login

russian armor

EVE online - finest gaming community!

15 Dec 2013, 07:32 AM
Patrion 310

I played COH2 since closed beta. The game was alot of fun for me but the lack of maturity among top players killed the game for me. I played EVE online for 8 years until 2011. So 1 month ago, I decided to take a brake from COH2 and start playing EVE online again.

As a mature player myself I was astounded by the generosity of EVE players to help CCP raise money for the Philippines.

As inspiration for players and devs within COH2 I would highly recommend to go check it out:

Dev Blogs: PLEX FOR GOOD: PHILIPPINES TYPHOON RELIEF
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-for-good-philippines-typhoon-relief/

PLEX For Good charity stream. Raising money for the Philippines!
http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/c/3361174

Dev Blogs: PLEX FOR GOOD CHARITY LIVE STREAM
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-for-good-charity-live-stream-1/

Dev Blogs: PLEX FOR GOOD: THE PHILIPPINES - RESULTS
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-for-good-philippines-results/

Yesterday, all those involved in the fundraiser and the live stream had the pleasure of taking a trip to the headquarters of the Icelandic Red Cross to meet with their leaders, and the President of Iceland. We presented them with a check for $190,890 US on behalf of the players of EVE Online

In a speech given by the President of Iceland after the check was accepted, he acknowledged that through online gaming communities such as ours, and through the strength of international cooperation via virtual worlds, a new age is dawning in terms of collaborative fundraising for good causes, as borders across the world are broken down and online communities band together as a formidable force for good.

While EVE players may explore the limits of “morality” in all different directions while they play and the more unforgiving and hardcore side of EVE often shows up in media stories, the EVE Community have demonstrated their immense strength and capability as a force for good over the course of the last two weeks, and has established itself at the forefront of this new breed of fundraisers.

Here at CCP Headquarters, we are finding it extremely difficult to choose words to express the profound level of gratitude that we wish to convey to what is, without a doubt, the finest gaming community on Earth.

From everyone at CCP Games, we wish to convey or most profound gratitude, and our deepest and most sincere thanks for your unbelievable generosity,

CCP Falcon
EVE Community Manager

On Behalf of the PLEX for GOOD Taskforce

My final message to all the immature COH2 top players out there:
GROW UP! Start leading by example and take responsibility for others than yourself. Deflecting blame and responsibility on others are always easier than looking in your own mirror. Attitude reflect leadership. As a former EVE and Homeworld hardcore player I can say you set a terrible example for new players and should be embarrassed. Dont ever consider coming to play EVE because we dont need selfish players like you that have an e-peen at size of Mount Everest.
No EVE is not perfect and we have much more we can do to help new players with the right attitude get into a very complex game.
15 Dec 2013, 07:48 AM
Donator 22

I can say you set a terrible example for new players and should be embarrassed. Dont ever consider coming to play EVE because we dont need selfish players like you

........sigh, this is not going anywhere.
Or may be: down the drain
15 Dec 2013, 17:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

just because i gave this much to someone doesn't mean i'm a good person. Are you trying to compare charity dicksizes or something?

edit: that said i wouldn't be agianst helping create a fundraiser.
15 Dec 2013, 19:34 PM

Raising funds for catastrophes like the one that hit The Phillipines is mainly about showing interest. Not raising funds does not equal indifference.

The inefficiency of these type of funds is quite high. Next to that, the tax benefits for private people and business's often play a role as well.

15 Dec 2013, 21:20 PM

I did some legal work for a small onnprofit, got to see government contracts and that stuff and did a tiny bit of Pr to gather funds from private companies in my city.

The one thing I learned from that experience was: about 20-30% of that money is actually going to be directed to rebuilding and feeding those people. About 7% is tax deductible (in my country at least), which with some clever scheming can be hoarded back by the shareholders, a large portion of it is spent on marketing like the one you posted, which brings them money indirectly by persuading subscriptions, and another large portion could go into "logistics" and other stuff.

It can all be justified, because you can say its not actually to HELP the people of the Phillipines, but rather about "raising awareness" and letting people know they need help.

Its not a bad move, but it certainly doesn't make them better than the rest for it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★