Login

russian armor

T-34-76 after patch

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
13 Dec 2013, 13:42 PM

i find them fine. i kill with them, i just have to stop before shooting. or keep them at max range when i cant babysit them.

Ok, i try learn stop before shooting, but i use two T-34 and two Zis behind and two squads shock troops in the same time. It is a challenge. :-)))
13 Dec 2013, 13:50 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 13:42 PMAradan
Ok, i try learn stop before shooting, but i use two T-34 and two Zis behind and two squads shock troops in the same time. It is a challenge. :-)))

Its the same for everyone.
All armor got affected.
13 Dec 2013, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 13:50 PMNullist

All armor got affected.

OMG, stop trolling.

I want ask, how people now play with T-34. I dont want nerf or boost. Dont matter how AA Ostwind affected. This is topic about T-34-76.
13 Dec 2013, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 13:50 PMNullist

All armor got affected.

All armor got affected indeed, but the end result is not the same for everyone.

German armor (except dedicated anti-inf armor) already lacked anti-inf capabilities, while soviet T70 and T34/76 where very potent against infantry. Post patch the playing field should be somewhat more even.

13 Dec 2013, 14:08 PM

German armor (except dedicated anti-inf armor) already lacked anti-inf capabilities, while soviet T70 and T34/76 where very potent against infantry. Post patch the playing field should be somewhat more even.

Exactly.
As soviets tanks are more AI oriented they suffer a bit more from this nerf, but I don't think this is something gamebreaking.

Just practise your micro, stopping the tank before it shots.
A vetted T34 still rapes infantry even with the scatter nerf :)
13 Dec 2013, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 14:03 PMAradan

I want ask, how people now play with T-34.

I personally use the T34 the same way I did pre-patch, attacking in packs of 2-3, staying on the move with the purpose of crushing infantry, flanking defensive positions, ramming unsupported tanks, a.s.o.

Make sure you don't rush into groups of shrecked PGs supported by grens, and try to avoid roads or obvious mining locations.
13 Dec 2013, 14:19 PM

Permanently Banned

Yes, Ost armor AI went from bad to worse, whereas Sov armor AI went from good to ok, when moving.
Really I see it as primarily aimed at the somewhat retarded previous armor kiting/chasing of infantry. Some armor would yoyo in and out, taking pot shots that caused 1-2 models attrition per hit. Its a good change. Armor moving accuracy was already adjusted vs armor sometime ago, and it was high time that was reflected on infantry too.

Returns a bit of realism too, indirectly. Moving accuracy was terrible on armor in this period, before the advanced suspension and gyro/gimble systems armor has today.
13 Dec 2013, 14:53 PM

I think everyone agrees the change is for the better. Haven't seen anyone complain about it yet.
13 Dec 2013, 15:17 PM

I agree that this change is good. It continues to encourage infantry use in the game. COH2 has struggled with infantry use from its start, as tanks were generally far more attractive.
13 Dec 2013, 15:27 PM

Permanently Banned
I think everyone agrees the change is for the better. Haven't seen anyone complain about it yet.

Well, Aradan pretty much was. Sort of seemed to be his point with this thread, know what I mean?

But I think he just hadnt read the patch notes, or misunderstood them, or something.
13 Dec 2013, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 15:27 PMNullist

Well, Aradan pretty much was. Sort of seemed to be his point with this thread, know what I mean?

But I think he just hadnt read the patch notes, or misunderstood them, or something.

I think he was only asking for feed-back on the unit post-patch and if people changed the way they use it.
13 Dec 2013, 15:40 PM

Wait so do tanks get a accuracy bonus when sitting still? Or do their stats remain the same as before when stopped? Maybe they should improve accuracy slightly when sitting still to deal with blobs, etc...
13 Dec 2013, 15:49 PM

Permanently Banned
Wait so do tanks get a accuracy bonus when sitting still? Or do their stats remain the same as before when stopped? Maybe they should improve accuracy slightly when sitting still to deal with blobs, etc...

Same as before when stopped. Nothing was changed when stopped.

Weird way to look at it you have there.

Armor has np dealing with blobs as is. AoE deals with blobs just fine.
All this does, is prevent ridiculous chaseing/kiting/yoyoing.
13 Dec 2013, 16:31 PM

the scatter is TWICE what it was before the patch? sounds harsh!
13 Dec 2013, 16:51 PM
Patrion 26

So this can now be closed?
13 Dec 2013, 22:29 PM

I agree that this change is good. It continues to encourage infantry use in the game. COH2 has struggled with infantry use from its start, as tanks were generally far more attractive.

Agree
14 Dec 2013, 12:19 PM

There's a Stop button for a reason.

However, for newer players, Relic might need to add some kind of indicator for firing on the move, is it already included in part a tutorial somewhere? It was probably needed even before the moving scatter nerf, but now it definitely needs something. It could just be an icon that pops up with the effects list where crit damage pops up.

I think this is an overall good change for the game. It affects both Soviet and German, making Shreks much more useful, but also the lighter AT grenades more useful.
14 Dec 2013, 12:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Tbh, its pretty intuitive that a moving vehicle would have less accuracy, than a stationary one.

But yeah, I agee, more tooltips overall would not be a bad thing.
14 Dec 2013, 12:31 PM

It is intuitive, but only for people used to the basics of combat.

However, almost every single other RTS game has no such modifiers. Many games don't even have a chance of missing targets. And only a relative few semi-realistic RTS games have those modifiers.
14 Dec 2013, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2013, 12:31 PMTurtle
It is intuitive, but only for people used to the basics of combat.

However, almost every single other RTS game has no such modifiers. Many games don't even have a chance of missing targets. And only a relative few semi-realistic RTS games have those modifiers.

That's what the loading screen tool-tips are for. They could add one in that says "firing on the move reduces accuracy for most units".
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS