Login

russian armor

Its me or the game is much more harder in 1v1 as German?

12 Dec 2013, 05:37 AM

Both sides seem fine to me. I like the quickened pace allows good players to win faster and still allows games to go late game if you and your opponent are both good, or bad enough to not kill each other off.

With faster cps it gives you more reasons to pick commanders early that give you boost but may later on not have as good late game stuff, at same time you still have to worry about late game vs. good players so not picking that commander with a late game tank for early ppsh is more of a trade off now. Tanks don't rule over everything now but still have plenty of power.

Building change is great for both factions, no more stalling in buildings for soviets for the first 4 minutes before you can get something on the field to deal with it as Germans. and soviets don't always need molies right away to clear houses anymore.

Too many people here keep wanting coh2 to be vcoh and when it isn't they think it's bad. When it isn't it, it is just different, and in many ways better.
14 Dec 2013, 08:47 AM

^From the point of view of fun, no, not even close. vCoH can be fun, enraging, or draining. CoH2 is just tedious. Herp, retreat your Cons, or watch them duke it out for 45 seconds against a Grenadier squad in cover. Lose map control because Grens are so effing hard to eliminate before their MG42 support arrives to ruin your day, oop, here comes the FHT/blob of poorly microed Pgrens that faceroll everything in their path anyway.

The TERRIBLE infantry combat mechanics kill this game for me, since I'm an infantry oriented player. It sickens me to watch Shock Troops or Pgrens just rush at whatever unit they're trying to kill while deflecting bullets and mashing the target's face into the dirt. Even Rangers actually took damage. Volks could still force off charging Riflemen with BARs provided you focus fired before they closed the distance.

Right now it's the exact. Same. Build. Orders to counter the exact. Same. Lame. Gimmick. Strat. That everyone and their effing dog brings to team games. I don't play in tournaments, so I can't speak for the pure competitive side of CoH2--however, as an RGD coder on several vCoH modding teams, I hate Relic's implementation of practically everything and fail to find anything to enjoy out of many of the tech and unit choices. Even vehicle balance ticks me off.

Are we comparing CoH2 to vCoH? Yes, you're damn right--vCoH got it right. CoH2 took all of that, turned it on its head, swapped Fronts, and said "here, buy some DLC to alleviate your poorly-balanced faction woes!".

Elements such as cover/area denial are gone (I need to buy a DLC to deploy tank traps? WAT?), there are limited/no field defenses, or they're limited to one per unit for a faction. Hell, the Soviets don't even get an MG nest (there's one coming--as a DLC), so they need to hold territory with population cap (a unit), or just cede it to the opponent. The doctrine choices are all blank jigsaw puzzle copies of one another with almost nothing creative between them, or, if it IS creative, it's a horrible, broken gimmick that either plays as an 'I win' button or fails to achieve anything. Vehicle combat has been dumbed down so much I practically drool. There's no point to kiting anymore, you don't lose penetration at range. Roll right up to the enemy tank and drive up his asshole like a tailgater during rush hour. Go ahead, facehug, you lose NOTHING from playing smart. The territory and resource gathering system doesn't allow for comebacks, as once your territory either rises above/falls below the 50% marker, it becomes a snowball effect. This is in addition to the horrible, stomach churning campaign that makes me gag compared to vCoHs. Unimaginative and yet another "Sovjet Ruszia iz out to conquer all of Vorld for Com-rede Schtalin, while meke Sovjet people ohpreszd in Sovjet Goolahg" title, except now we get that from the effing protagonist-- a SOVIET. And they don't even get half of their history right!

Some of the only things I can find to like about the game is the marginally improved UI (in image quality, the layout is far too colorful and arcady for my taste-vCoH's was just right; if it ain't broke, don't break it dammit), the True Sight system, and to some extent, the way in which command trees are unlocked (no more derp moments of failing to choose your Rangers from the CP tree).

You can insist I take a hike, great, that's your opinion. Heck, I might as well in all truth. But this game is tedious and boring with little room for creativity or outfoxing your opponent. How does anyone draw fun from crapping out a Trio of Grens, an MG42, building a blob of PGrens and sitting on their thumbs until they can crap out some Panthers?
24 Dec 2013, 21:20 PM

Permanently Banned
Shock troops is the need for speed god mod tactics...
25 Dec 2013, 01:06 AM

The main problem with balance right now is still the Soviet Industry and the Elite Troops commanders. They are still ridiculously OP.

Besides those two ridiculous commanders, the balance is quite decent.
28 Dec 2013, 19:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2013, 01:06 AMlink0
The main problem with balance right now is still the Soviet Industry and the Elite Troops commanders. They are still ridiculously OP.

I'd have to agree. I really enjoy the core balance of the game, but it is spoiled when most players hold a cheese card in their hands.

I don't want to complain too much about the Tiger Ace, but when you are forced to play them several times a night, it becomes exhausting.

Industry forces you into longer games against less adept players which is equally frustrating.

I would like to see less impactful DLC commanders, but they've gone down this road already. Doesn't seem like they're going to backtrack.

28 Dec 2013, 20:32 PM

Niether one of these doctrines in Snf and win rate shows 23-9 Soviets. There is a deeper balance issue in my opinion then just commanders. Trying to balance asymmetrical armies when one doctrine is numbers, the other is strength isn't easy of course. The main problem is if you make the strength army strong, people complain. But when you make the strength army on par unit by unit they get overmatched by numbers.I don't think this would've even been a problem if the core unit pool was bigger and more diverse instead of having to rely so much on doctrines.
29 Dec 2013, 05:54 AM

I don't think this would've even been a problem if the core unit pool was bigger and more diverse instead of having to rely so much on doctrines.

Agree
29 Dec 2013, 11:40 AM

I dont agree with this. current meta involves spamming shocks for the soviets and grens for the germans . then wait till you get enough cp to call in the heavy tanks which is very similar to VCOH where both the wehr and ami's waited until they got the Pershing/tiger. If you take soviet industry their is a very high chance you will be pushed of the map early game. Elite infantry simply cannot compete with the soviets economically mid game as the soviets buy tier 3/4 and spam kv1/t34-85/kv8/is-2.
29 Dec 2013, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2013, 11:40 AMJaigen

I dont agree with this. current meta involves spamming shocks for the soviets and grens for the germans . then wait till you get enough cp to call in the heavy tanks which is very similar to VCOH where both the wehr and ami's waited until they got the Pershing/tiger. If you take soviet industry their is a very high chance you will be pushed of the map early game. Elite infantry simply cannot compete with the soviets economically mid game as the soviets buy tier 3/4 and spam kv1/t34-85/kv8/is-2.

I agree that is the current meta. However, spamming t0-t1 units until call in tanks can be done with the Elite troops doctrine. I believe giving a motar vet 3 in the early game is ridiculously powerful. SI works better on bigger maps for sure, where 4 scripts can hold their own long enough for T70s to come out.
30 Dec 2013, 00:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2013, 18:56 PMlink0

I agree that is the current meta. However, spamming t0-t1 units until call in tanks can be done with the Elite troops doctrine. I believe giving a motar vet 3 in the early game is ridiculously powerful. SI works better on bigger maps for sure, where 4 scripts can hold their own long enough for T70s to come out.

Same with Guard Motor and Shock Rifle, just can live with T0 + call-ins (maybe T1 or T2 if need something). Also call-in tanks come too early nowadays.
30 Dec 2013, 07:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2013, 18:56 PMlink0

Its not that they have powerful abilities its simply they don't fit in the current meta. So both are right now are not OP in my opinion as their several doctrines like guard motor and lighting war doctrine that perform better during the whole game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★