Login

russian armor

DLC content (Doubts and tips...)

11 Dec 2013, 14:53 PM

Hey guys, it is my first post here so I'm glad to meet you all. I have been visiting this website since it was created but I was undecided to write in the forums due to my poor English (I expect you to be understanding about this :)).

Regarding to the DLC content I have a doubt and an advise to Relic (hey Noun! I know you are here ;)):

- I want to know if all the additions to the game will be given by DLC or Relic will release expansions to enhance the CoH 2 experience. I know that a long-haul game as CoH 2 should have a permanent income but, on my opinion, too much DLC and a couple of expansions (like in the vCoH) could kill the community. If you choose to exploit both profit ways you must keep in mind that the whole content (game + skins + commanders + theater of war + expansions) should be under 150€/$, because CoH 2 is not a free to play game (where you have to launch tons of paid content to recover the investment).

- Moreover, I think that you fail to make attractive the DLC purchase. I have made a great deal purchasing the DIgital Collector's Edition Upgrade because I have received 24 skins, 10 commanders and the Case Blue Mini Pack for only 19€ (33% off on the steam sales). However, I don't feel the same about the rest of the paid content. There are new skins which are out of any pack and their prices are not appealing to me so much (4€ for a commander and 6€ for 3 sizes of the same skin it's a kind of expensive).

So please, try to improve the "DLC packing". I suggest a pack with: Southern Front mini pack + 4 commanders + 2 complete skins = 12 € ^_^
11 Dec 2013, 16:18 PM

Nein. I disagree completely.

Singlepayer or esthetic DLCs are great.
No more commanders, never again.

Although last DLC pricing was very reasonable. I will buy them if they keep them at that price.
12 Dec 2013, 12:24 PM

I'm all for constant DLCs like TOWs, skins and such. I really like the way things are going, a new DLC each month or so. I will most likely keep buying them. Why should the altogether cost be under 150€? As goes for TOWs it's just singleplayer for personal enjoyment (okay yeah, the whole game is but nevermind :D ), doesn't affect MP, isn't OP, whatever... If we like to play such missions, I see no reason why shouldn't they be available to us :)

As for new commanders, I would also like to see some more, mostly because of the new units, BUT they should be balanced (thoroughly tested by the beta people before release). Other than that I see no reason against them.
I got a feeling that some people are against new commanders (even if they're not OP), because they bring a change to the game. Some people maybe "discovered" some strategies how to keep winning, a formula if you will, and whenever a change is brought to the game, then they have to adapt. They got used to their gameplay and don't like changes per se. Just my personal opinion though..
12 Dec 2013, 12:33 PM

I suggest you buy DLC if you see something you want. You don't need all of them.

If I had 2 pick 4 doctrines to buy for OH:

- Luftwaffe, Joint Ops, Osttruppen, Elite

Sovs:

- Industry, partisans/other partisan, armored assault (is 2 + 85mm?)

Generally I find the ostheer commanders more attractive to buy other than the outlier industry commander
12 Dec 2013, 15:19 PM

Your English is actually very good. You have no excuse for not posting more.
12 Dec 2013, 18:43 PM

Thanks you all for your replies.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 16:18 PMGreeb
Nein. I disagree completely.

Singlepayer or esthetic DLCs are great.
No more commanders, never again.

Although last DLC pricing was very reasonable. I will buy them if they keep them at that price.

I'm with you regarding the price of the last DLC (Southern Front) but, taking apart the balance problems, I can't understand why the great majority of the community is against the new commanders. I fully understand the concern of some of you regarding the possibility that the game becomes a play 2 win but, insofar as Relic put more effort in the balance (especially at the release date), those commanders will bring much more variety to the multiplayer, which is a great thing from my point of view.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2013, 12:24 PMLutzow
I'm all for constant DLCs like TOWs, skins and such. I really like the way things are going, a new DLC each month or so. I will most likely keep buying them. Why should the altogether cost be under 150€? As goes for TOWs it's just singleplayer for personal enjoyment (okay yeah, the whole game is but nevermind :D ), doesn't affect MP, isn't OP, whatever... If we like to play such missions, I see no reason why shouldn't they be available to us :)

As for new commanders, I would also like to see some more, mostly because of the new units, BUT they should be balanced (thoroughly tested by the beta people before release). Other than that I see no reason against them.
I got a feeling that some people are against new commanders (even if they're not OP), because they bring a change to the game. Some people maybe "discovered" some strategies how to keep winning, a formula if you will, and whenever a change is brought to the game, then they have to adapt. They got used to their gameplay and don't like changes per se. Just my personal opinion though..

Answering your question I feel that 150€ it's like a "price border" that the great majority of the gamers don't want to cross. Of course I know it's up to us to buy all these content, but add too much content through DLC could damage the reputation of the game. Thats why I said that Relic should be careful about the whole price of the experience, because the growing of the community could be damaged if the potential buyers feel that the game is selling by pieces to drain their pockets. But obviously it's only my opinion.

Regarding the rest of your reply I'm totally agree with you.

I suggest you buy DLC if you see something you want. You don't need all of them.

If I had 2 pick 4 doctrines to buy for OH:

- Luftwaffe, Joint Ops, Osttruppen, Elite

Sovs:

- Industry, partisans/other partisan, armored assault (is 2 + 85mm?)

Generally I find the ostheer commanders more attractive to buy other than the outlier industry commander

Yes, that's what I'm going to do. I would prefer buying all the commanders and try all the possibilities they bring to us but, in that case, I would need to pay 32€ for the 8 commanders I don't have yet. On my opinion 32€ is a kind of crazy figure for that content and that's why I suggest Relic to improve the "DLC packing".

Your English is actually very good. You have no excuse for not posting more.

Thank you very much ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS