Login

russian armor

More none doctrinal units!

5 Dec 2013, 21:35 PM

Does anyone agree with me that there should be more units for CoH2 that doesn't require you to buy doctrines for?

Here are my suggestions:

German:

Motorcycle: Just like in vCoH the motorcycle would have a side seat machine gun this unit should also have low dps due to it's high mobility. What makes this unit unique is that it can cap points, but when it's capping points the unit will unable to fire it's weapon.

Cost: 100 mp 20 fuel, from T1 building.

Panzer Pioneers: More expensive pioneers that have better dps, and can lay down demo charges, however they cannot be equipped with flamethrower, but can be equipped with mine sweepers, and have their own close range grenade to throw.

Cost: 360 mp, from T3.

Marder III: Mobile Tank Destroyer, can attack at long range of 70, can shoot as fast as a stug, but suffers from light armor and bad accuracy, vet1 gives long sight range ability.
( people may ask whats the point of the stug with this thing is around to that i say, buff the stug, i don't see why it has such low splash damage anyways )

Cost: 240 mp 50 fuel, from T2 building.

Soviet:

Jeep: Just like in vCoH the motorcycle will have a machinegun. However, the machine gun will be on the seat next to the driver instead on top. This gun also have low dps. What makes this unit unique is that it can cap points, but when it's capping points the unit will unable to fire it's weapon.

Cost: 100 mp 20 fuel, from T0 or T1.

Paratroopers: Units that can be called in from the air, like airborne units in vCoH. They are equipped with ppshs and anti tank rifles, they also have a grenade ability but it's weak they can also deploy demo bombs.

Cost: 360 mp, from ... they sounds more like a doctrinal unit doesn't it?

ZiS Trucks Fuel: Trucks that work like Opelz, instead it will provide +3 fuel per minute.

Cost: 200 mp

ZiS Trucks Munitions: Trucks that work like Opelz, instead it will provide +5 Munitions per minute.

Zis Trucks Manpower: Trucks that work like Opelz, instead it will provide +25 manpower per minute.

Cost: 150 mp + 25 fuel + 50 munitions.

Only one truck per strategic point.

I initially wanted these units to be made from their own building such as, Marder III and Panzer Pioneers from one building but will that be too much? or should it be like an tech upgrade for the t2 building. 100 mp and 30 fuel to unlock these items kind of thing like Panzer Elite Faction in vCoH?

I also initially wanted the supply trucks to come out of a Supply Yard like building for Soviets, and possibly make it a requirement for the Soviets to go Supply Yard before they could get to their Tank buildings. In order to compensate for this other Soviet buildings should go cheaper and German Teching should cost more, this in turn would increase the mid game for the two factions which many players were asking about since this games release. I think my suggestions would be a worthwhile investment for Relic.
5 Dec 2013, 22:12 PM

Motorcycle: Just like in vCoH the motorcycle would have a side seat machine gun this unit should also have low dps due to it's high mobility. What makes this unit unique is that it can cap points, but when it's capping points the unit will unable to fire it's weapon.

Cost: 100 mp 20 fuel, from T1 building.
3.99$

Panzer Pioneers: More expensive pioneers that have better dps, and can lay down demo charges, however they cannot be equipped with flamethrower, but can be equipped with mine sweepers, and have their own close range grenade to throw.

Cost: 360 mp, from T3.
4.99$

Marder III: Mobile Tank Destroyer, can attack at long range of 70, can shoot as fast as a stug, but suffers from light armor and bad accuracy, vet1 gives long sight range ability.
( people may ask whats the point of the stug with this thing is around to that i say, buff the stug, i don't see why it has such low splash damage anyways )

Cost: 240 mp 50 fuel, from T2 building.
2.99$

Soviet:

Jeep: Just like in vCoH the motorcycle will have a machinegun. However, the machine gun will be on the seat next to the driver instead on top. This gun also have low dps. What makes this unit unique is that it can cap points, but when it's capping points the unit will unable to fire it's weapon.

Cost: 100 mp 20 fuel, from T0 or T1.
1.99$
Paratroopers: Units that can be called in from the air, like airborne units in vCoH. They are equipped with ppshs and anti tank rifles, they also have a grenade ability but it's weak they can also deploy demo bombs.

Cost: 360 mp, from ... they sounds more like a doctrinal unit doesn't it?

ZiS Trucks Fuel: Trucks that work like Opelz, instead it will provide +3 fuel per minute.

2.99$
ZiS Trucks Munitions: Trucks that work like Opelz, instead it will provide +5 Munitions per minute.

2.99$
Zis Trucks Manpower: Trucks that work like Opelz, instead it will provide +25 manpower per minute.

Cost: 150 mp + 25 fuel + 50 munitions.
2.99$

5 Dec 2013, 22:29 PM

yea, you have completely missed the first sentence haven't you?

what part of extra stuff, no charge do you not get?

EDIT: Ok, that last post sounded needy but keep in mind that, this is a game that get's continual support from customers. When we buy DLCs we are not only paying for the doctrines are skins we are also paying to support the company so it can continue working for the game. When a company keeps getting continual income from the game at least they should add some more content on the game itself that isn't sell off cards.
6 Dec 2013, 01:39 AM

Good job giving them DLC ideas! But I like all these ideas.

6 Dec 2013, 01:55 AM

yea, you have completely missed the first sentence haven't you?

what part of extra stuff, no charge do you not get?

EDIT: Ok, that last post sounded needy but keep in mind that, this is a game that get's continual support from customers. When we buy DLCs we are not only paying for the doctrines are skins we are also paying to support the company so it can continue working for the game. When a company keeps getting continual income from the game at least they should add some more content on the game itself that isn't sell off cards.

6 Dec 2013, 02:12 AM

Non doctrinal units? But you know that you can't sell these, right? MVGame
7 Dec 2013, 18:21 PM

Good idea adding more non-doctrinal units. I think they should be like the ones in Tales of Valor, you just choose before battle what you bring/don't bring.
9 Dec 2013, 08:13 AM

Good idea adding more non-doctrinal units. I think they should be like the ones in Tales of Valor, you just choose before battle what you bring/don't bring.

It won't net them a profit -> will likely never appear/will be part of an overpriced, overpowered DLC commander.
9 Dec 2013, 10:19 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Or how about some good Infantry Based AT for Soviets? That'd be nice.
9 Dec 2013, 22:08 PM

KV-1 should be standard, non-doctrinal...
10 Dec 2013, 00:46 AM

Or how about some good Infantry Based AT for Soviets? That'd be nice.

Soviet AT-Infantry should be and if relic implements it, they would be doctrinal. Muricans in vcoh had no non-doctrine AT infantry. All AT infantry were doctrinal for amerians
10 Dec 2013, 17:30 PM

why do we need more units that are non doctrinal we have the same amount of units as vcoh did, except germans had one more unit in vcoh then it does in coh2.
10 Dec 2013, 17:41 PM

Soviet AT-Infantry should be and if relic implements it, they would be doctrinal. Muricans in vcoh had no non-doctrine AT infantry. All AT infantry were doctrinal for amerians

Well, american doctrine trees were more flexible than CoH2 commander system. Doctrinal AT units worked for americans, but for CoH2 soviets plenty of commanders doesn't have anything to deal with heavy armor unit.
10 Dec 2013, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2013, 17:30 PMCon!
why do we need more units that are non doctrinal we have the same amount of units as vcoh did, except germans had one more unit in vcoh then it does in coh2.

and I think russia has like 3 more than america did.

I wouldn't mind more units if they were implemented through additional tech tree options, maybe fuel cost unlocks in the current buildings. The jeep and bike were fun units for sure, but I'm not sure where they would fit currently.

I think i'd still prefer that we just get some unit upgrades or other faction advantages through fuel expenditures for both factions.

America had a lot of chaff, but they did have a lot of options. They had early supply depot build for the reduced upkeep(if not simply used as a quick stepping stone to t3 or t4), 2 possible upgrades at the supply depot for better vetting and better manpower upkeep, bars, grenades, tank smoke, sherman 76mm, and engineer demolitions. That's 5 more ways to spend fuel than russia has.

Germany only had vetting, but that was 12 different vet options, versus 0 tech options for ostheer.

Granted, the game adds front-loaded flexibility in the doctrines, but it makes play once the game starts more rigid as it stands. would be nice if that could be opened up a bit.

11 Dec 2013, 07:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2013, 17:30 PMCon!

well even though both vcoh and coh2 has the same amount of units vcoh just seem to have a lot more options because of global upgrades like american barracks and whermacht veterancy, but i don't think it can work the same for coh2. adding more units into the game is kind of like adding more options therefore there would be more different play-styles to chose from.

i think there aren't many different kind ways to play in coh2. if we have more different kind of units in coh2 maybe we could see some people play more differently and have some unique play styles so things would look less repetitive.

you can say that doctrines extends different kind of play style but i don't see players being really creative in their doctrine use. since the doctrines are very simple and they only do a few things. there are only a few different kind of strategies you can go with each doctrine so there aren't many different ways you can use them, it's more like how long are you willing to wait to use this or that ability.
11 Dec 2013, 18:10 PM

NKVD squad

The unit could buff soviet infantry units by shooting one of the soldiers, so it will encourage the remaining 5 to fight more bravely - they will get a buff.
11 Dec 2013, 18:15 PM
Patrion 26

NKVD squad

The unit could buff soviet infantry units by shooting one of the soldiers, so it will encourage the remaining 5 to fight more bravely - they will get a buff.

LoL

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 57
Poland 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak