Login

russian armor

How to kill the Tiger Ace

2 Dec 2013, 18:21 PM

People seem to have issue with this unit, or just generally dislike it so I thought I would post a few replays of killing them (also quite close games).

If anyone else would like to add to the replays or even losses against them, maybe we can help some people out

http://www.coh2.org/replays/11616/tiger-ace-1

http://www.coh2.org/replays/11617/tiger-ace2

P.S. vet3 Shock with shrek and flamethrower > everything :crazy:
16 Dec 2013, 18:54 PM

The Tiger Ace will likely break you if you don't have some ducks lined up by the time he comes out:

* Mine some pathways. This way as he advances, there is a greater chance of slowing it down (buying you time to build up AT capability).
* Have AT up and running: you must have 3 AT units ready to focus on the Tiger Ace. A combo of Su-85 and AT guns will work. It's difficult to bring that firepower to bear all at once on one point in the map (hence usefulness of mining pathways to slow the tank down).
* Expect to lose most of your AT capability fighting the tank => build replacements quickly as you will need a second wave.
* Indirect fire: rain artillery on the tank as soon as your AT is pummeling it AND its engine is damaged.
* Use bombing runs only to force the tank into a more convenient position. Expect the ennemy will see the smoke and will move the tank. The job of the bombing run is to force the tank to go forward or backwards to avoid the bombs.
* AT grenades are a risky move: the infantry unit will die before or shortly after throwing that grenade. Not worth it.

2 things to know about the German who is using the Tiger Ace:
- He's sacrificed a lot for this tank so his eyes are going to be on it at all times. But that means he will be super shy about damaging it, i.e. stepping on a mine will make him hesitate.
- He can't build anything else for 10 minutes! And he can't be everywhere at once. So press your advantage elsewhere on the map once you've managed to slow down the ennemy tank.

Distilled strategy is:
1) Slow the tank down with mines. Very important.
2) Keep the pressure on in other areas of the map. Focus on that before going for the Tiger Ace
3) Once you know where the tank is, approach your AT and pummel.
4) Use artillery to add indirect fire while you are AT-ing the tank.
5) Keep building AT units - you will lose a lot of the first wave!
17 Dec 2013, 05:11 AM

People seem to have issue with this unit, or just generally dislike it so I thought I would post a few replays of killing them (also quite close games).

If anyone else would like to add to the replays or even losses against them, maybe we can help some people out

http://www.coh2.org/replays/11616/tiger-ace-1

http://www.coh2.org/replays/11617/tiger-ace2

P.S. vet3 Shock with shrek and flamethrower > everything :crazy:

http://www.coh2.org/replays/12153/tiger-ace-i-loose

getting sick, of this unit, im very well aware of my flaws in this match ie the loss of squads, there is a point in this match were in one moment i loose nearly all my units, how ever in every game i encounter the tiger ace i will be well ahead win against my opp, then boom tiger ace game over. And in smaller maps this one for example. my enemy will just camp there cut off blobbing till they get the cp for ace, then have 1k resources to live off of. now in Heinz site it would of been nice to spam a few mortars and should of probably got t2 for AT. I also thought of when i had all my tanks before they died would of been good to bum rush his back just for a few sec perhaps minutes till he started heading that way and then leave.
17 Dec 2013, 05:15 AM

The Tiger Ace will likely break you if you don't have some ducks lined up by the time he comes out:

* Mine some pathways. This way as he advances, there is a greater chance of slowing it down (buying you time to build up AT capability).
* Have AT up and running: you must have 3 AT units ready to focus on the Tiger Ace. A combo of Su-85 and AT guns will work. It's difficult to bring that firepower to bear all at once on one point in the map (hence usefulness of mining pathways to slow the tank down).
* Expect to lose most of your AT capability fighting the tank => build replacements quickly as you will need a second wave.
* Indirect fire: rain artillery on the tank as soon as your AT is pummeling it AND its engine is damaged.
* Use bombing runs only to force the tank into a more convenient position. Expect the ennemy will see the smoke and will move the tank. The job of the bombing run is to force the tank to go forward or backwards to avoid the bombs.
* AT grenades are a risky move: the infantry unit will die before or shortly after throwing that grenade. Not worth it.

2 things to know about the German who is using the Tiger Ace:
- He's sacrificed a lot for this tank so his eyes are going to be on it at all times. But that means he will be super shy about damaging it, i.e. stepping on a mine will make him hesitate.
- He can't build anything else for 10 minutes! And he can't be everywhere at once. So press your advantage elsewhere on the map once you've managed to slow down the ennemy tank.

Distilled strategy is:
1) Slow the tank down with mines. Very important.
2) Keep the pressure on in other areas of the map. Focus on that before going for the Tiger Ace
3) Once you know where the tank is, approach your AT and pummel.
4) Use artillery to add indirect fire while you are AT-ing the tank.
5) Keep building AT units - you will lose a lot of the first wave!

This is all awesome information i will use this in the future, what would you do vs this unit in a small map like the one i have linked. {on a side note i think is bullshit one has to go threw this much trouble for one fucking unit} also paying for vet is stupid too } its been said a million times but i must say mine
4 Feb 2014, 08:49 AM

imo, the most reliable way to kill tiger aces is a well supported isu152.

the tiger ace is slow and will have difficulty closing into range of the isu152. so in that time, make sure ur entire army is focused in slowing it down and the isu152 will eventually destroy it.

best is when rng god shines on you, a single AT nade destroys the TA engine, then its just a matter of time.
6 Feb 2014, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2014, 08:49 AMwongtp
imo, the most reliable way to kill tiger aces is a well supported isu152.

the tiger ace is slow and will have difficulty closing into range of the isu152.

So is ISU152. And it is also made of paper and it will die to like two shots.
6 Feb 2014, 18:28 PM

The Tiger Ace as of today is gettig heavily nerfed anyway in the next patch. We just need to wait a little longer and then it will be easier (even though still hard) to kill it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 69
Germany 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment