Login

russian armor

Steam leaderboards and ranks explained

30 Nov 2013, 14:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

"Soccer moms" ruining video games? "Everyone gets a trophy"? It's like 1999 Rush Limbaugh is huffing varnish while watching Twitch.tv and I'm stuck in his brain.
30 Nov 2013, 14:20 PM

"Soccer moms" ruining video games? "Everyone gets a trophy"? It's like 1999 Rush Limbaugh is huffing varnish while watching Twitch.tv and I'm stuck in his brain.

You said that, not me. So you are stuck in your own brain buddy ;)

I never said anything about soccer mums ruining video games. Nor that game is ruined because of 'everyone gets a trophy'

Thats just your conclusion
30 Nov 2013, 14:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

You said that, not me. So you are stuck in your own brain buddy ;)

Haha. Fair nuff.
30 Nov 2013, 15:21 PM

Permanently Banned

...which you confirmed by stating kids in Finland are very competitive...

Nullist, I know I will regret this, but......you misinterpreted the concept of "soccer mom kids" for kids that are being pushed to competitiveness, where it actually means the opposite.

So what does "soccer mom kids" mean to you people then?
30 Nov 2013, 15:27 PM
Donator 22

very nice read baba, thanks ;-)
2 Dec 2013, 21:52 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2013, 15:21 PMNullist

So what does "soccer mom kids" mean to you people then?

Means no matter how bad you are at something you will get the same medal as the winner... Is this a bad thing? I believe yes, this is how lazy retards who live with their mom until 30 exist. And the guy who wins looses the interest in the competition,I mean why would you try if everyone gets the same shit no matter how hard they try?
2 Dec 2013, 22:00 PM

Permanently Banned

I dont know how the initial term of "soccer mom" has even been extended to their kids, or been changed for what it meant 10 years ago for example.

In my experience, soccer moms referred to the overbearing, demanding, unreasonable, and frankly batshit women who lived vicariously through their kids hobbies, by regimenting their lives as if they where in the military and jamming as many activities that they perceived as conducive to the child getting an "edge" in life and being the "right kind of kid to get accepted in college interviews", as humanly possible, no matter if the kid wanted them or not. Then showing up to the sports events themselves and cheering them on like a psychopathic banshee, belittling the other kids efforts (as well as their own kids, if they didn't meet their high demands), bitching at and with their mothers in petty social laddering, and generally being complete bitches.

I've never blamed the kids for how their mothers where, nor should you, nor do I think how the mother behaves (or the father, which was traditionally the one who was batshit insane like this, and wouldnt accept his kid and was deeply dissappointed in him unless he worked his ass off day in day out being everything their father WASNT or wasnt as "priviledged" to be able to do in his own childhood).

I dont agree with your terminology at all, nor with blaming the kids for how their parents behaved.

What you are referring to, are the kind of casuals who want everything, now. No success required, no challenge, they just want it automatically.

And example would be one of these types demanding that they immediately get the lvl 80 Infantry Bulletin, instead of having to grind matches to earn it. (which I am doing myself, at an infuriatingly slow pace)

I dont see how that connects to what I've understood as soccer moms, at all.
2 Dec 2013, 22:08 PM
Patrion 26

I dont know how the initial term of "soccer mom" has even been extended to their kids, or been changed for what it meant 10 years ago for example.

In my experience, soccer moms referred to the overbearing, demanding, unreasonable, and frankly batshit women who lived vicariously through their kids hobbies, by regimenting their lives as if they where in the military and jamming as many activities that they perceived as conducive to the child getting an "edge" in life and being the "right kind of kid to get accepted in college interviews", as humanly possible, no matter if the kid wanted them or not. Then showing up to the sports events themselves and cheering them on like a psychopathic banshee, belittling the other kids efforts (as well as their own kids, if they didn't meet their high demands), bitching at and with their mothers in petty social laddering, and generally being complete bitches.

I've never blamed the kids for how their mothers where, nor should you, nor do I think how the mother behaves (or the father, which was traditionally the one who was batshit insane like this, and wouldnt accept his kid and was deeply dissappointed in him unless he worked his ass off day in day out being everything their father WASNT or wasnt as "priviledged" to be able to do in his own childhood).

I dont agree with your terminology at all, nor with blaming the kids for how their parents behaved.

What you are referring to, are the kind of casuals who want everything, now. No success required, no challenge, they just want it automatically.

And example would be one of these types demanding that they immediately get the lvl 80 Infantry Bulletin, instead of having to grind matches to earn it. (which I am doing myself, at an infuriatingly slow pace)

I dont see how that connects to what I've understood as soccer moms, at all.

My mom used to be like you describe it, but she quit trying when I turned 16 XD
2 Dec 2013, 22:13 PM

Permanently Banned

My mom used to be like you describe it, but she quit trying when I turned 16 XD

You where after all then, a soccer moms kid yourself.

Did that turn you into the kind of "soccer mom kid" you described above?
If not, it kinds of makes the term invalid, doesnt it.

I had never heard of it before this discussion. I call bullshit on it.
Nor are there any google hits for "soccer mom kids" that reference anything even remotely like that. Seems to me someone just made it up. Doesn't even make sense.
2 Dec 2013, 22:17 PM
Patrion 26

And?

You where after all, a soccer moms kid yourself.

Did that turn you into the kind of "soccer mom kid" you described then?
If not, it kinds of makes the term pointless, doesnt it.

I had never heard of it before this discussion. I call bullshit on it.

You either, just want to argue, or don`t really realize what a "soccer mums kid" is.
I said my mom was too demanding of me in ways you described, but what you describe is not the commonly known "soccer mum", it`s more like "a mother who failed to achieve something in her life and is trying to push her kid to achieve what she always dreamed of" I hope you understand the difference now
2 Dec 2013, 22:35 PM

Permanently Banned

No, i dont understand
Nor is there even any google reference to "soccer mom kids" as you describe them.
Nor does your definition of soccer moms fit my own, or my experience of soccer moms, or even the wiki description.

Seems to me like someone just made up the term "soccer mom kids" without it having anything to do with soccer moms or being their kids.

Im not arguing. I just think its a bullshit term.
2 Dec 2013, 22:51 PM

Not everything can be found in a "google" search, "Soccer kids mum" is lingo mainly used by Americans and for Americans, when someone says "soccer kids mum" i often refer to the "Movies" and tv shows alike. i picture a mother with her son or daughter, taking their child to a sports event with half the neighborhood kids pinching a lift with her. She then begins to socialize with the other mums on the side lines,she's recently divorced, and so is little Timmys father, so she talks to him every other practice day, and because practice is on fridays, "Soccer mum" and little timmys father take all the kids for pizza afterwards :)
2 Dec 2013, 22:54 PM

Permanently Banned

Volo. It has only ever referred to the mother. Never to the kid.
3 Dec 2013, 00:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

why is there a chewbacca in all of your posts
3 Dec 2013, 00:41 AM

why is there a chewbacca in all of your posts

Why shouldnt he have a Chewbacca in all of his posts?
3 Dec 2013, 02:11 AM

Not sure if 'soccer mum kids' term exists. And no one would be mad enough to put it on Wikipedia or use it publicly because of what it implies. (hence I wrote it with "..." and explained what i mean by 'soccer mum kids' in OP)

Soccer mum term started as desirable actions of mother towards children (not only her's but neighbors and her child's friends)driving them to practices, movies, etc.

Over time, as everything else in human history, evolved into unstoppable juggernaut that took over the world.

It evolved into "I know best mum' that is capable of extraordinary actions to get their way. Everyone else just either tried to stay out of the way or conformed to the juggernaut ideals and beliefs.
Hence the creation of political correctness and many many lawsuits and and school decisions to forbid children to use playground for fear of child injuring themselves. Of course it wouldn't be child's fault, but schools.
Or famous decision in early 2000's where many Australian City councils decided to close and dismantle children playgrounds, and suspend school sports due to enormous number of lawsuits for injuries and more so for psychological damage to kids caused by other kids when they didn't feel valued enough in team games.

This is what soccer mum evolved into:

Blame Canada for what my kid is doing

And this is the result:

The kid thats learned: Everything is someone elses fault, not mine. I know best, If you disagree with me I will destroy you.

Few win over many, because those few are capable of making your life miserable.
For example, COH2 didn't have chat and lobby because few people got offended by internet and threatened to sue Relic. Also some raised issue with German government because they seen some idiots being Nazi on chat channel. Naturally Relic got warned by German government of impending lawsuit.

Short version: in todays world its more important not to piss of few than to please majority

And this has nothing to do with my OP, I am not sure why is everyone stuck on "soccer mum kids" its just a term I used to help me write Post with explanation of what I mean when using this term.

Seriously
3 Dec 2013, 09:24 AM

Permanently Banned
All the public chat channels are empty now anyways.

Im sure the better tools for inviting people ingame, are better now though.
I havent tried them, but seems like a worthwhile addition.
3 Dec 2013, 10:21 AM

And this has nothing to do with my OP, I am not sure why is everyone stuck on "soccer mum kids" its just a term I used to help me write Post with explanation of what I mean when using this term.

Seriously

You do indeed explain things like in South Park. And that may be why this thread went on a wild hike that has notjhing to do with your topic.

Either that or because Sisu-man managed to hi-jack and mess up yet another thread.
3 Dec 2013, 12:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Sisu-man. I like the sound of that!
3 Dec 2013, 21:26 PM

Baba you realize the Steam leaderboards look the way they do because Relic had a subcontractor start the project, then they never actually finished it and the half-assed data dump on Steam is the final result?

This is just stupid business. In any case you can come on to coh2.org and see how much you suck.

I just wish we had full leaderboards. I mean people are telling me when they get me in automatch "you're a good player" and I'm a goddamn noob. Seriously, I've seen rank 80,000...

The bigger problem is people really have no way of ascertaining their skill level from even coh2.org rank. In COH1 anything under level 10 was noob, with no skill differentiation among those levels. Above that you started to see changes at 12,14,15 and of course the top 1%. I am speaking of 1v1 ranks of course, not pub game rank.

In this noobed down game I have no idea if being top 200 means anything. I think it might, but then again it seems to me that anyone I ever play not in the top 200 is totally awful, below level 10 in the old COH1 system...

Right now I'd say there are about 10 Level 16s, 30 Level 15s, 50 Level 14s, and 80 Level 13s in the top 200...

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 16
South Africa 1
United Kingdom 132
Germany 22
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L