Login

russian armor

Relic is updating VCoH

PAGES (13)down
16 Dec 2013, 03:10 AM

I hope, Noun will take decision soon to make this patch live as he will understand the basic point behind it...that this beta patch worth as much the zero in math, however they have their own value ^^
16 Dec 2013, 13:22 PM

These are the real numbers, not the wrong ones, posted by some moron.
Coh1 has additional players on the old versions:
+ 100 vcoh
+ 80 Tales of valor
+ 50 Opposing Fronts
+ 100 Tunngle

Facts:
Coh2 went from 8000 players to 2500 in 6 months
Coh1 had 8000 players after 7 years
Winter increases the numbers
For 3 months more and more people switch from coh2 to coh1
Coh 2 is recovering from a low point of 2398 because it's availabe for 8€, it's winter and new dlcs.
The switch to the steam version for coh1 was really bad for coh1, many many bugs killed the numbers
16 Dec 2013, 16:08 PM

Please release this current beta as retail patch because i had to wait 4 hours in beta. I didn't find 1 game in beta as no players, so i switched back to normal. Whats the point of this beta if there are no players..My time went waste in searching game in beta... its seems to be working good now btw, no synkerror and stuff.
16 Dec 2013, 16:09 PM

I'd like Relic to turn retail version into beta.
Today I turned beta on and I was the only person in all the chat channels.
Current beta stage is in good condition and would be no worse than retail.
16 Dec 2013, 16:24 PM

This patch needs to go live.

* This is only dividing coh players more. we now are divided over cohbeta,coh & coh 2.
* beta is barely playable because there are no players.
* Theres no point in keeping that old (steam) patch alive its full of bullshit containing fake lvl s and streaks.
* It needs testing..how can we really test it when not much players are in it. we need 8k
to really test it!!!

Do something otherwise this is pointless..keep cohplayers together instead of divide them more..!

The reason why so many ppl arent comming to beta is because they all have fakelvl s because of the stathacking. They dont wanna lose that lvl.

I Strongly suggest to reset the leaderbords in the old steamversion to lv 0!. that will result in ppl comming over to beta.
16 Dec 2013, 16:56 PM

I can appreciate both sides of the story. On one hand, it's logical to wait till the game is perfect before relaunching it, yet on the other hand, it doesn't make sense to further divide the already tiny playerbase.
I'm sure Relic realizes this... Besides, they said that they wanted to relaunch on the 12th, so the actual relaunch day can't be far off...
16 Dec 2013, 17:29 PM

The only thing that is needed here is a statreset in old steamversion.
16 Dec 2013, 17:51 PM

all versions are broken, so just get everybody on one version and then fix.

If Steam version was perfect (then you wouldn't need a beta anyway), I could understand the argument of testing first before switch.

The beta does need more work, but at least it's close. There's still random crashes and sync error, flashing "News" and "Friends" for no reason. Also weird stuff with the leaderboard look up. It gets to 48 then shows the top players again, but the headliner says 49- whatever.

I think one more little patch to fix all you can, and then switch everyone. Hopefully it will happen this week. They've been pretty quick with the updates.

But yeah, it's a joke when the feedback forum has like 4 posts with generic things like it doesn't work. Not sure how helpful that will be to them.

I do hope they reset everyone's stats. Not fair for the beta testers who have many disputes because connections were not stable.

And I really, really, really hope they make "random" be just US and Wehr. There are so few players already, I'd like to be able to play either side and not have to guess which side will get me faster game.
16 Dec 2013, 17:52 PM
Donator 22

have there ever been talks about including the Elite MOD Changes into the new version?
I never saw this discussion, but it would seem logical to me with all the buzz that mod is creating.
16 Dec 2013, 19:51 PM

I'd like Relic to turn retail version into beta.
Today I turned beta on and I was the only person in all the chat channels.
Current beta stage is in good condition and would be no worse than retail.

cant say it better.
16 Dec 2013, 21:04 PM

Beta version is much better than the old steam version. Would be the right time now to make it retail so everybody can play it. It is getting really hard to find more bugs in the beta with about 5-10 people in the game...
16 Dec 2013, 22:39 PM

I haven't been playing the beta, or COH lately, but let's clear up this point: This is a beta. There might not be back end capacity to support the Steam-CoH type numbers with the current codebase. Just let the project proceed as it's going, and they'll push it into production when it's ready.

There's a lot that goes into software development; don't lose sight of the fact that what you can see from the outside is only a small slice of the entire project.
17 Dec 2013, 15:14 PM

I try to download beta but it asks me for a beta code...?
17 Dec 2013, 21:14 PM

I try to download beta but it asks me for a beta code...?

Post an actuall dialog where it "asks you to do that" and I'll believe you. Otherwise, if there's a textbox - doesn't meen you've to fill it....
18 Dec 2013, 09:54 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Since there wasn't a stement from Noun for a few weeks... Can anyone give an information about the process of patching or give me some important things they stated to change in the next patch?
18 Dec 2013, 11:24 AM
18 Dec 2013, 14:13 PM

Cmon do something!!! the few ppl that are in beta are all leaving..can t get any game and i can t blame them for leaving. If you REALLY want this beta to be tested do a statreset in normal version.........................
18 Dec 2013, 15:08 PM

Yup, i don't play beta either as nobody to play against. Don't have few hours time to wait for 1 game in beta. Lets just wait 1 more month when this beta will go live.
I guess they won't release this beta as live in this month otherwise they would have done it by now.
18 Dec 2013, 16:40 PM

Well - I personally play BETA only, we had some ppl together for 2v2 and rdy to go.... If you have such an option - I do rly recommend that, since BETA ensures much better stability in connection providing lag free experience which is so important in RTS.

Once I said the following: "people do not play beta because people do not play beta" - so here's something you can change...

... ask everyone you know to play beta togeather :)
19 Dec 2013, 08:20 AM

This seems like no support..at all
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5
Korea, Republic Of 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L