Login

russian armor

Red Orchestra 2

19 Dec 2012, 23:40 PM

Hey guys,
I'm rather convinced by this game. It's rather cheap at the moment and worth the money if you like realistic tactical WW2 shooters. It's hardcore (you basically one-shot everyone with every gun) but with good teamwork a load of fun! Close combat is rather intense. I recommend the classic setting and I am personally playing on the 40-1 classic server most of the time.

I would be happy to see you guys ingame!

Greets
Schepp himself
19 Dec 2012, 23:44 PM

Hmm I shell play it tomorrow kinda miss this game and yah its alot of fun!
19 Dec 2012, 23:44 PM
Senior Caster Badge

This isn't a bad game, but it's a huge letdown after the awesomeness of the first Red Orchestra. A lot of the maps aren't so great, the vehicles they promised to add soon after release still haven't come out, they added a bunch of stupid XP grinding unlock crap just like CoH 2 is probably going to have, and they added a stupid action game mod for whatever reason. Classic is better than nothing but aside from the graphics and a few small things this is mostly a step backwards from Red Orchestra.
20 Dec 2012, 01:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge

This isn't a bad game, but it's a huge letdown after the awesomeness of the first Red Orchestra. A lot of the maps aren't so great, the vehicles they promised to add soon after release still haven't come out, they added a bunch of stupid XP grinding unlock crap just like CoH 2 is probably going to have, and they added a stupid action game mod for whatever reason. Classic is better than nothing but aside from the graphics and a few small things this is mostly a step backwards from Red Orchestra.

agreed. but it does have some good things but i think the bad things just sink it especially if you were a big fan of the orignal.

20 Dec 2012, 01:20 AM

I enjoy it, it has the best ballistics system in an FPS. The reward and satisfaction from doing well in that game is unmatched.
20 Dec 2012, 03:01 AM

yeah^^
and no any BS perks and any that kind of stuff like last stand and other crap .. lol
20 Dec 2012, 11:05 AM

Sadly, I've never played the original but heard a lot of praise by the old veterans. I'm still eager to have more vehicles. The newer maps are very good (Bridges of Druzha for example), but the support of the game is...lacking. You feel that the developers put much heart in it, but it's just apparent that they can't put too many working hours into that game with the low revenue coming out of it... :(

Due to the reasons mentioned (xp system, weapon unlocks), I adore the classic mode however: no xp unlocks or gimmicky stuff in there, just the pure fun of tactical combat.

Greets
Schepp himself
20 Dec 2012, 11:20 AM

I enjoy it a lot, esp the more tactical games with people on voice chats.

Some games are pretty boring though, especially assault missions were people would rather hang back and score kills. :/ Got around 70 hours into the game but had kinda forgotten about it, thanks for reminding me! Gonna boot it up and see how it is now.^^
20 Dec 2012, 23:00 PM

bought it last weekend on steam for 4,5€, was worth it totally, it's just not like some COD-bullshit.

Still got 2 guest-keys for RO2 (3 days each), if someone needs one add me on steam:

lassmicharztbindurch
23 Dec 2012, 09:26 AM

RO2 is a great game, IMO not worse than RO1. It's like COH in world of FPS.
23 Dec 2012, 18:59 PM
Senior Caster Badge

RO2 is nothing like CoH. CoH is fast paced and completely unrealistic. RO2 focuses a huge amount on realism, at least in the Classic game mode which is the only good one. The closest strategy game to RO would probably be Close Combat, Men of War, or something like that. The CoH in the world of FPS is probably Call of Duty 2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★