Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka counter-barrage

19 Aug 2023, 23:13 PM

Greetings.

As the title suggest, I'm trying to create a counter-barrage ability for the Walking Stuka. I cloned his creeping barrage and transformed it into a regular one taking inspiration from the napalm barrage, cloned the Panzerwerfer counter-barrage ability and adapted it to the walking Stuka. On testing, he does react to enemy artillery attack and respond accordingly, everything work, wonderfull !

There is just one slight issue : despite the animation playing, no rockets are fired.

I did reduce the rocket count of the barrage from 6 to 3, but that doesn't seems to be the problem here as the animation is "firing" three rockets accordingly.

On a side note, said napalm ability seems broken too (no UI range/targeting information, "too close" at any range), despite being vanilla... could the problem be with the mod tool itself ? The mod I'm working on predate the last update of the mod tool so maybe ? I don't know, thus why I'm asking.

Any hint or pointer would be very much appreciated. Thanks you in advance.
23 Aug 2023, 20:38 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Double check the hard point of the ability. The "vanilla" weapon hardpoint should be 4.
on the ebps, ensure that the napalm weapon is pointing to the barrage weapon. Hard point 4 weapon parent has the hardpoint is 3 as it parent. Copy the behaviour in the weapon tab from the old napalm weapon to the new napalm weapon.

Double check the weapon range of the napalm weapon and see what the minimum range is on both the napalm weapon and on the regular barrage.
23 Aug 2023, 20:53 PM

First thing first, thank you for your help !

Yes, the hardpoint was the first thing that came to mind but it is correctly set to 4 for the napalm barrage (and 5 for the counter-barrage, I added a fifth weapon for it). While disabling parent hardpoint did the trick for my Panzerwerfer issue mentioned in a previous post, it didn't for the Walking stuka.

As for the behavour.ext, as the ability itself was a direct clone of the vanilla Napalm, behaviour should be the same. And so should be the maximum and minimum range as well. But by all mean do tell what kind of anomaly should I look for into this extension.
N/A
24 Aug 2023, 11:12 AM

I dealt with this a long time ago, but I forgot the details.

1. weapon walking_stuka_napalm(4.hardpoint) parent_hardpoint 3 => -1
new weapon parent_hardpoint 3 = -1

2. abilities walking_stuka_rocket_barrage_creeping_napalm_mp can_interrupt False => Ture
new abilities can_interrupt = Ture

3. copy walking_stuka_rocket_barrage_creeping_mp/action_list/start_target_actions/4.timed_action
(rocket fire animation) to walking_stuka_rocket_barrage_creeping_napalm_mp and new abilities

Make other abilities settings the same as walking_stuka_rocket_barrage_creeping_mp to activate
25 Aug 2023, 01:45 AM

You, my good sir, are a wizard ! It's working now ! Thanks you very much !

It really was the parent_hardpoint that was messing up everything. The rest was already set up as you recommanded.

For future reference, could you tell me why the parent_hardpoint work without problem with the Panzerwerfer but not with the Walking Stuka ? I'm very happy my problem was resolved but still confused.
N/A
26 Aug 2023, 11:18 AM

Walking Stuka rocket fire animation is not set in Weapon, it is set in abilities
It would be better to set the weapon parent_hardpoint to -1 to operate alone, and then copy the rocket fire animation to other abilities

English is not my native language, so I may not be able to express it correctly.
27 Aug 2023, 01:47 AM

Thanks again, I think I got it. The hint was that the ability itself was on the sbps and not the ebps like the Panzerwerfer, or so I guess. I always found it weird. Good to know !
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 47
South Africa 2
Germany 737
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %