Login

russian armor

So, you can invite friens to automatch?

22 Nov 2013, 09:25 AM

I didn't know it was possible before today, but apparantly so (I have been unable to test as I had no friends on-line). It sort explains why I've been running into an increasing number of same clan players on one side.

While it is a nice option to be able to play an arranged team with your friends, it does present a problem in automatching. Basically what you end up getting, is typically one team being arranged with prepared strategy and task sharing - against a throw-together team.

I don't think that is a good idea because it puts one side at a serious disadvantage and the lonely automatcher can only automatch 1v1 to avoid such a situation.

But is this intentional?
22 Nov 2013, 09:35 AM

Permanently Banned
Yes, youve always been able to invite friends to your team for ladder matches.

And yes, the name of the game in 2v2+, is, you guessed it, having a team and teamwork.

Yes, not having an arranged team puts you at a serious disadvantage against one that is. Cos you are just one more random on a team full of randoms who have no teamwork, coherent plan or experience playing together.

Automatch populates the match with players so the net total ELO is roughly the same. But that ofc doesn't account for 2+ players on the other team having better teamplay, though their ELO is the same as your team populated by randoms such as yourself.

Also can mean that one guy on a random team has to carry the entirety of his team, cos his ELO is so much higher than theirs, that it matches out against the opponents more even ELO spread.

There could be a separate circuit for full arranged teams to play each other, and another for completely randoms to be thrown together against complete randoms, but that would just split the population even further and increase wait times for everyone.

And it sort of defeats the purpose, really. If you want to play the team modes, you should really try to get yourself a team, since thats what those modes are all about. Teamwork.

Basically, if you are going into team-games without a team, you are sort of "doing it wrong". And the consequences are, ofc, having to then play with complete randoms and perhaps having to play against someone who has infact managed to put a team together for team-games.
22 Nov 2013, 09:43 AM

As far as I know the automatch system will set arranged teams up against other arranged teams preferably (ofc with roughly the same elo rating) before sending them against a team of randoms.
22 Nov 2013, 11:00 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2013, 09:35 AMNullist

Basically, if you are going into team-games without a team, you are sort of "doing it wrong". And the consequences are, ofc, having to then play with complete randoms and perhaps having to play against someone who has infact managed to put a team together for team-games.

Nah, I played solo in teamgames and this way managed to pick up alot of friends to play teamgames with this way. Think its a good way to increase your friendslist.
22 Nov 2013, 11:15 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2013, 11:00 AMLe Wish
Nah, I played solo in teamgames and this way managed to pick up alot of friends to play teamgames with this way. Think its a good way to increase your friendslist.

Good point. If you currently dont have anyome friended who will team with you, gotta start building that list somewhere.

I dont understand the "nah" part, but wtvr.

Personally I burtnt myself out on random teams already years ago in different games. I wont do team without having a mate, preferably on voice, anymore. But to each his own.
22 Nov 2013, 11:32 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2013, 11:15 AMNullist
Personally I burtnt myself out on random teams already years ago in different games. I wont do team without having a mate, preferably on voice, anymore. But to each his own.

I would say voice is almost a must, kind of hassle-free with steam now though. And now that I have a few on the list, I tend to stick with that list. Although with new commanders, it seems less of the added ppl are playing. With random its kind of frustrating being the top one in the team, as well as the one that drags the team down. Not a pro...

Mostly play with IRL friends still, and play very casual. Thats how I started playing CoH1 multiplayer, and thats the way Im going to continue playing. When they stop, I do.
22 Nov 2013, 12:35 PM

Permanently Banned
@LeWish: Feel free to add me. Id team with you on voice.

Not quite yet though, since Im learning Sov in 1v1, but eventually I plan to be up for some 2v2s. No pro requirement, Im not one myself, and I dont blame mates afterwards either. But I definately respond to teamcall for help and work/plan together for unified strat. I dont mind invite spam either, Ill just say whether Im available or not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★