Login

russian armor

Dark War II

9 Mar 2023, 20:33 PM

DARK WAR

INTRODUCTION

If this is not the place to share mods, my bad! Please Redirect me there.

This mod is a fictional extension of the conflict which takes us to the years of 1946 and 1947 with the aim to try and stay realistic with elements of free expression.

In Dark War II, one of my main aims was to separate the mid and late game, and prevent the overwhelming power of tanks, especially tank on tank engagements. Tanks and Heavy Vehicles are now significantly more expensive than in the base game, instead the mid game has been separated into two, putting more emphasis on Light Car and Light Tank engagements.

This mod is meant to take the CoH formula, and build upon it in a variety of ways, such as new weapons, vehicles and units at your fingertips. It allows more choice in progression as well as your approach to combat engagements. Each faction has been changed to fit this new development, and thus will offer a familiar yet different gameplay formula. With all factions made to feel unique, I strongly hope you'll enjoy this.

Dark War II is an unfinished mod in many regards, falling short of battlegroup systems I have designed, however with CoH3 falling short of my expectations I thought now would be the best time to share this with all of you, as well as any future developments made upon this foundation.

We have extensively play-tested and balanced this mod, however if you feel certain strategies are too powerful please do share so.

FACTION OVERVIEW

Commonwealth Forces

The British have singlehandedly held the war in Africa in their favour, despite Italy's and DAK's involvement, however due to mismanagement, lack of food, resources and manpower they were unable to take the fight back into main-land Europe until 1944 when the US openly joined the second World War. A partial invasion of the United Kingdom saw supply lines scatter and production falter, however with Lend Lease they are still able to march towards Berlin.

The British are now less defensive, and have more offensive options and units at their disposal. Royal Scouts and Sappers take the field, as well as mortar teams and medics offering support. Light Scout Cars can be dangerous and so can be their elite Coldstream Guards.

This is the most linear faction in the mod, offering little choice in upgrades, however offering many roles instead.

United States Forces

Due to reluctance on joining the European War, the US focused on the pacific front until AXIS openly declared war on them in 1944. They were able to land and assist the British in the United Kingdom before rushing the beaches of Normandy and pushing towards Berlin.

USF are now a more generalist faction, offering as many options as there is. They are the direct counterpart to OKW. Strong infantry in Combat Engineers and Riflemen that can bolster their squads with additional squad members. Their light armour can make short work of kraut half-tracks whilst their punishing Shermans can match anything else on the field.

Soviet Forces

Soviet Russia was left to slug it out with Germany on the eastern front for the vast majority of the war. Many Partisans found themselves alongside the Soviet Troops as they fought over Europe. Although they suffered greatly in the early parts of the war, with increasing pressure from the Western Nations, the Soviets began their piercing blow towards Berlin.

The Soviets as a faction are a mixed bag. Decisions have to be made early, and trying to cover all fronts will be difficult, however with their Partisan support, and Heavy Tanks, they can crush all that choose to stand against them, even if they have to suffer many casualties.

Oberkommando Wehrmacht

The OKW have fought on all fronts, and thus differ the most man to man. From fresh recruits as Germany struggles for manpower, to Battle-hardened Veterans who lead them to battle. As they established firm grip on Europe, it now seems the walls are closing in.

As a faction the OKW offers as much variety as the US. Infantry that will match all others, Half-tracks that will terrify their foes, and tanks that will decide battles. New Panzerschreckes and MG45s, as well as a myriad of support weapons make them fierce opponents.

Deutsches Afrika Korps

The Ostheer is no more. These battle hardened veterans, commanded by the best are strong warriors. With focus shifting towards the Eastern Front, and the inevitable invasion Normandy, the DAK lack manpower and equipment, however make up for it in experience.

The DAK as a faction features small squad numbers, and outdated machinery, yet will prove to you why they are the Fox's Finest.

Recommendations

I would recommend choosing the Commonwealth Forces first. They are almost entirely linear, however their troops are strong enough for you to learn this mod with then moving on to OKW and USF. They are comparatively the closest two factions here, and will offer many choices on playstyle. Only then would I recommend playing DAK or Soviets, as they are a little bit more janky and convoluted.

Closing Words.

A few last words from me, thank you for checking this out even if you're not going to play it, but if you do I hope you enjoy it! There are a couple issues such as certain units not being renamed, or the M1A2 upgrades giving them BARs (as it's a placeholder). I am aware of these but if you do notice any issues or have any comments on this, do let me know.

Special thank you to SneakEye and Sie_Sayoka for being very helpful. Wouldn't have done it without them!

All the Best - FalcoN <444>3

UPDATE:

Battlegroup Update: Oberkommando Wehrmacht

General Changes:

- Fixed Wrong Upgrade Icons.
- Changed Comet name to Correctly Display as 'Centurion Mk.III'.

Battlegroup: Luftlande-Sturm Abteilung

- MG50
- Mortar Crew
- PaK 40

- Sturmpioneers
- Sturmpanzerwerfer 46
- Luftwaffe Field Troops
- StuG III ausf. E
- SD.Kfz 251/20
- FlaK Emplacement
- Sturm Offizier
- Sturmpanzer IV
- Fallschirmjager Light Assault Infantry
- Ostwind (OKW)
- Panzer IV ausf. H
- 8,8cm FlaK 36 Emplacement
- Sturmtiger

+ Doctrine Test

- Breakthrough Tactics
- Smoke Bombs
- Fallschirmjager
- Assault Artillery
- Airborne Assault

Battlegroup: Oberkommando Wehrmacht Kampagne

+ Doctrine Test

- Gebirgsjager
- For The Fatherland!
- Valiant Assault
- 105mm Howitzer Barrage
- Command Panther

Battlegroup: Schwerer Panzer Abteilung

- MG50
- Mortar Crew
- PaK 40

- Panzerpioneers
- Sd.Kfz 250
- Goliath
- Panzerfusiliers
- SD.Kfz 221
- Panzer II 'Luchs'
- Panzergrenadiers (OKW)
- Jagtiger
- King Tiger

+ Doctrine Test

- Early Warning Systems
- Emergency Repairs
- Panzer Commander
- Rocket Barrage
- Tiger

Next: British Doctrines (then US Battlegroups)
11 Mar 2023, 16:03 PM

I tried Commonwealth Forces and notece that British "dingo" have pioneers as crew and UI preview when teching doesn't match what uints actually in that building.
11 Mar 2023, 17:29 PM

I tried Commonwealth Forces and notece that British "dingo" have pioneers as crew and UI preview when teching doesn't match what uints actually in that building.

Thanks for playing means a lot! Oversight on my end.

Previews, Crew and Production Announcements added. Let me know if anything else comes up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★