Login

russian armor

Is the T34 too cheap for its effectiveness?

21 Nov 2013, 07:44 AM

No, but seriously, it is everything u would want in a tank.

1. Rapes infantry, doesnt even need to shoot at them, just runs them over.

2. Very mobile

3. Not too shabby vs p4's when in numbers, not to mention things like target fire.

4. If the tank it is facing is too powerful for it to take on RAM!

5. Can capture points.

All this for a measly 85 fuel.
21 Nov 2013, 08:01 AM

The PIV outclasses it in almost every way right now for a mere 40mp/30f extra, and you think the T34 needs to be worse still?

I don't go for T34s because they'd be the unit I want, I go for them because they're the only choice I get.
21 Nov 2013, 08:11 AM

if u have played coh2 since beta, you will never ask such question
21 Nov 2013, 08:13 AM
Patrion 14

True, it chews infantry.

2. Very mobile

Compared to what? An Su85? The p4 is more agile and with blitz there is no contest.

3. Not too shabby vs p4's when in numbers, not to mention things like target fire.

You cannot 1v1 a p4, but need 2 if you are not using mark vehicle. Using two of them to handle a p4 raises the fuel and manpowercost alot.

And disable and most likely lose your own tank. Not saying ram isnt powerful, but it comes at a cost. With heavier vehicles its very possible that the ram doesnt do anything else but shock the crew for a short while. It is risk/reward.

5. Can capture points.

Veteran ability and requires you to keep the vehicle alive (no ram etc). I rarely see this used, or use it myself. Wouldnt mind to see some other veteran ability that is more useful. Using blitz as ostheer is a no-brainer, using the capping isnt. It might work well with the soviet industry commander though since those players might lack regular cappingpower.
21 Nov 2013, 08:16 AM

i would hardly say the p4 outclasses it in almost every way.

the t34 is more mobile, has less scatter (better vs inf), and has a higher rate of fire.

the panzer 4 has more armor (irrelavent vs AT guns), more penetration, and does 40 more damage.

they both have the same amount of hp, AOE, target size and range.

based on all of this, theyre both good all-around tanks. the p4 is better AT, but the t34 is better AI. i think theyre both priced fairly and well balanced currently.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 08:13 AMLe Wish

The p4 is more agile

t34 accelerates and rotates faster. it also has a higher top speed.
21 Nov 2013, 08:31 AM

You say that ram is risk reward, well mostly its profit, i think about 1 in 5 rams i get a crew shock, also ramming a p4 pretty much always disables it unless its vet 2.

If both side has At guns supporting, then the russians profit as the t34 costs less.

I just played 2 consecutive games where my Ace was completely disabled from the first T34 Ram, one was from the rear the other from the side.
21 Nov 2013, 08:47 AM

You say that ram is risk reward, well mostly its profit, i think about 1 in 5 rams i get a crew shock, also ramming a p4 pretty much always disables it unless its vet 2.

If both side has At guns supporting, then the russians profit as the t34 costs less.

I just played 2 consecutive games where my Ace was completely disabled from the first T34 Ram, one was from the rear the other from the side.

Ram against Panthers and doctrine tanks are much more probably to fail.

Even a successful ram usually gives the german tank the possibility to retreat with the engine broken. On the other hand, T34 is immobile and it takes very few shots to get destroyed.

I personally find that T34 finally is well balanced. Is a good AI tank that used wisely can face some heavy tanks or at least support SU85.
It's cheaper than other medium tanks because they are intended to die fast.
21 Nov 2013, 09:03 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 08:16 AMwooof
t34 accelerates and rotates faster. it also has a higher top speed.

I stand corrected.
21 Nov 2013, 10:15 AM

No, but seriously, it is everything u would want in a tank.

2. Very mobile

5. Can capture points.

All this for a measly 85 fuel.

The t-34 is very well balanced in my opinion.

Only ram is crap because it's a completely retarded mechanic anymway.
21 Nov 2013, 10:45 AM
Benefactor 115

yes it's a monster and it should be nerfed
21 Nov 2013, 10:47 AM

Also one thing to consider is that if T34 is in trouble and you are about the use ram there's a great possibility that you can't even use that (if you're too close). That's one thing that skillful German player will consider and stay at the range where this isn't even possible. If T34 starts to back away from the tank, most likely it will be destroyed before the range is possible for ram.

IMO the balance for T34 is great at the moment.
21 Nov 2013, 10:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 10:47 AMFlamee
Also one thing to consider is that if T34 is in trouble and you are about the use ram there's a great possibility that you can't even use that (if you're too close). That's one thing that skillful German player will consider and stay at the range where this isn't even possible. If T34 starts to back away from the tank, most likely it will be destroyed before the range is possible for ram.

IMO the balance for T34 is great at the moment.

I do try to stay close to stop the ram, but the T34 is more mobile, unless u have vet 1 (blitzkrieg) it is hard to stay out of ramming range.
21 Nov 2013, 12:16 PM

[...]
[...].

I tend to do that against Panzer Grenadiers :). It's more effective then retreating and firing at the same time.
21 Nov 2013, 13:16 PM

Why stop the list at 5? The T34/76 has so many more great qualities! Such as:

6: Has paper armor that can only deflect shots from stolen PTRS rifles. Remember, you can't get unlucky with the random number generator when you have no armor!

7: Has a peashooter gun that bounces off everything that is not an Ostwind. No longer will you have to rely on luck to take out enemy heavy tanks; with the mighty T34/76, you know for sure that you need not bother shooting at them in the first place!

8: Comes from a tier building that does not offer any AT other than the peashooter T34/76. Good luck killing those 270 armor panthers! Maybe if they hold nice and still they will let you ram it!

But seriously, the T34/76 used to be weak, now it is decent. It's only better than decent with mark vehicle, which is a commander ability present in 3 commanders. Nerfing the T34/76 because of this ability will just make it useless for the other commanders.
21 Nov 2013, 15:46 PM

It's just where it needs to be. Relatively cheap, all-rounder tank that's good against infantry and decent against vehicles. Ram is a stupid mechanic that should be reworked/removed, but the unit itself is 100% fine.
21 Nov 2013, 15:52 PM

I agree, ram is stupid. I would prefer it to have better AT capabilities.
21 Nov 2013, 15:55 PM

Ram should be a vet 1 ability with better chances to disable enemy tanks.
21 Nov 2013, 16:19 PM

What Cruzz and Aerohank said. +1

Short answer to OP`s question: Nope.
21 Nov 2013, 17:30 PM

The last t34 patch brought it where it needed to be. Good all around tank that can do ok against a p4 and really own with at gun support. I really like the t34 now and I never get su85. It's AI is awesome especially with its ability to crush infantry with ease.
21 Nov 2013, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 15:55 PMGreeb
Ram should be a vet 1 ability with better chances to disable enemy tanks.

Would you sacrifice Vet1 tank for a Ram though? Maybe I'm doing it wrong but ram for me means lost tank almost all the time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 32
Germany 27
unknown 22
United States 1
United Kingdom 75

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L