Login

russian armor

Im stumped (validate actions and special icons)

26 Feb 2022, 19:46 PM

i was wondering if anyone might know why a bunch of units can use an ability totally fine.
but 1 other unit might not beable to use the same ability with no changes to it, unless (validate actions) is turned off?

(which ofc turning It off breaks/ignores the requirements for that ability for some reason, so turning validation (off) is not preferred)

then i had 1 other question regarding icons
You know the little white binoculars icon that comes under the units icon when you get the commander upgrade for your tank? do you know how to give that icon to other units?

Here is an example of the little binocular icon i want to give to jeeps and other recon units.

any help would be appreciated.
27 Feb 2022, 06:23 AM

Update: I am still looking for help with the Icon issue.

But as for the other one, TLDR i got the extension validation thing working.. the solution is embarrassing and i feel stupid.. Technically their wasn't anything wrong with the ability & it was set up perfectly, (which is why it worked with other units)

anyway after some creative thinking and tracing the problem to its source (which turned out to be the snipers EBPS. Where i found out that it was an issue with the EBPS missing Upgrade exts causing the ability not to work and sense their were no Upgrade Exts for the ability lockout upgrades to be sent to, thus causing it to fail the validation.

Edit2: i got some help on the discord.. funny how 2 innocent little questions turn into a 4 hour dive down a rabbit hole. but im better off now, cuz i got new tools and learned many new skills i can use elsewhere.

This thread can be locked/deleted
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Netherlands 24
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %