Login

russian armor

under the gun

18 Nov 2013, 19:39 PM

its fun to see how any tank in this game can shoot targets that are under his gun. if units of ing get so close to a p5 for exampel the p5 can stil shoot them down like any other tank.. kind of strange if the barrel is like 3 meters long. this also is for example on a tiger when you want to kite it with a t70 that you are under his gun it can still shoot you.. but why? (t70 wil never kil a tiger but stil is sould not be able to get kiulld under the gun)

arty, mortars have a minimum maxium range as you wil know by now i mean that getting under his minimum range is getting under the gun.

if you have certain ranges for al those tanks then ppl wil have to play them difrent. you cant kis with your tank the other tank anymore and you have to keep at range. that wil alow at guns to have a bit more use sinds you cant kite them if you drive ontop of them cuz your gun cant shoot. this wil also help infantry live longer if they manage to get under the gun of an emey tank so they wont get shot at.

so my sugestion is to have minimal and maximal ranges on tanks. so they wil have a more define role as a p4 and t34 are more able to get closer to things and kite but a p5 or tiger wil need a bit of distance. it doesnt mean that inf wile under the fun are safe cuz as they wil prob be able to use sum form of at it always can deflect back and kil them off..

granades, mortars, arty al has min and max range. get them on tanks as well

what you guys think
18 Nov 2013, 19:56 PM

Permanently Banned
actually t70 can kill the tiger,but it takes ages.
24 Nov 2013, 10:23 AM

24 Nov 2013, 11:46 AM

Only problem is that CoH games are on a very compressed ground scale, well, not even a scale at all, more like a stylization of ground combat that realism. Units all start out really close together, and it'd be particularly easy for any tank to drive up right next to another in CoH's scale, when that didn't happen that often in reality.
24 Nov 2013, 11:52 AM

it stil goed for mortars and they got a pretty big minimum range. the piont is more how caan for axample a p5 shoot a unit wile its under his barrel like right under its just not real
24 Nov 2013, 12:26 PM

It's not supposed to be real. Its supposed to be fun and if players had to constantly manage how close to a unit they are it would be really frustrating. And to be honest, no one really cares.
24 Nov 2013, 12:33 PM

it stil goed for mortars and they got a pretty big minimum range. the piont is more how caan for axample a p5 shoot a unit wile its under his barrel like right under its just not real

In real life, gun fights didn't take place 5 feet from each other. In real life, a tank died if hit even once. There are plenty of things in this game that are unrealistic, the real odd thing is that this perticular subject is what you decided to make a big deal about.
24 Nov 2013, 13:24 PM

Permanently Banned
The mortar minimum range is ridiculous.

You have to stand practically ontop of them to avoid getting hit by a fast and extremely accurate Mortar round in order ro counter them.

Countless deepstriking Grens have been lost in one shot, particularly to 120mms, because they stayed at approx Molotov range instead of standing ontop of the Mortar.

As Turtle pointed out, ranges have been dramatically compressed in Coh2.
Irl, mortars and other indirect fire options wouldnt even be present onmap in the scale this game presents. Theyd be FAR beyond the map.

Dont get me wrong, I actually agree with you in principle. Its ridiculous that the enormous pipe of a Panther for example can fire at something right next to it. The tube couldnt even drop that low IRL, but its one of the things we have to accept in the games scale format.

Having said that I do think Mortar minimum range needs increasing. I also used to propose that HMGs should have a minimum range to help effective flanking, but Relic chose a different path.
24 Nov 2013, 15:32 PM

the Flakpanzer Ostwind has minimun range, so i dont know why others shouldnt have one
24 Nov 2013, 21:32 PM

oh it does? never seens it realy i sould have a looksi
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight