Login

russian armor

Why Brits Armor

11 Oct 2021, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2021, 14:40 PMvgfgff

same with panzer iv.

yes, show me a video in which the p4 shoots smoke and runs over inf at the same speed and mobility
11 Oct 2021, 19:29 PM

So, I think, I think I can deduce you wil be 1 of 2 teams in this scenario s brit tanks. I think.

So that means youll have access to P4's, the best tank in the game. If you win that first armour fight you can viably and relatively cheaply start to spam them. Maybe not always, but that can easily overwhelm at the right moment.

I think, maybe Im wrong here, but you'll also have access to the Panther? The quickest AT tank that also has triple machine guns.

Like I'm not sure but I could be wrong that you may or may not have 100% access to both those tannks IDK
11 Oct 2021, 21:24 PM

I think the comets problem is that it completely counters 2 panzer 4s because its too fast or has too much armor, the thing with the panther is you only buy it to counter tanks but the comet is pretty much a super cromwell and i think thats fine but it shouldnt have the armor it currently has unless its limited to 1
11 Oct 2021, 21:28 PM

I think the comets problem is that it completely counters 2 panzer 4s because its too fast or has too much armor, the thing with the panther is you only buy it to counter tanks but the comet is pretty much a super cromwell and i think thats fine but it shouldnt have the armor it currently has unless its limited to 1

Tbh the same thing applies to the Panther with 2 (sometimes 3, depending on positioning) of any allied medium tanks. Panzer 4 was not meant to hunt Comets, and Shermans/Cromwells/T34s were not meant to hunt Panthers.

That said, I kind of wish the Panther had better AI in exchange for some AT performance.
11 Oct 2021, 22:26 PM

Tbh the same thing applies to the Panther with 2 (sometimes 3, depending on positioning) of any allied medium tanks. Panzer 4 was not meant to hunt Comets, and Shermans/Cromwells/T34s were not meant to hunt Panthers.

That said, I kind of wish the Panther had better AI in exchange for some AT performance.

I know the same thing applies to the panther but the panther doesn't come close to the AI performance/utility the comet has, that's why in its current state i think it should be limited to 1
11 Oct 2021, 22:45 PM

I know the same thing applies to the panther but the panther doesn't come close to the AI performance/utility the comet has, that's why in its current state i think it should be limited to 1

And the panther far exceeds the Comet in the AT department. Don't get me wrong, as boring as it would be I would prefer it if the Comet/Panther were just copies of each other, using the Comet as a template, but that's not going to happen.
12 Oct 2021, 02:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2021, 08:44 AMKatukov

it costs 175 fuel of course it should be good

even the best at guns in the game are going to bounce eventually

Yep, so pershing thats why pershing is too expensive and doctrinal?

Guys don't even think panther is comparable to Comet because its role is AT tank.

This tank does it all and it's not doctrinal. Anti-Infantry, Damage Absorber, Can PEN any tanks, fast.

No question, Panther is better in AT Tank department but its role is AT Tank only. Tell me somebody who has elite infantry is scared whenever they see panther?

12 Oct 2021, 02:46 AM

this. The forum is filled with rant threat but very few guy can just admit they're ranting. You have my respect.

I mean, we all have biases toward our favorite faction. Until we played that faction we'll see what's lacking that doesn't suit our skill level or gameplay. So what we'll do is just RANT haha. Thank you, sir.

12 Oct 2021, 07:04 AM

yes, show me a video in which the p4 shoots smoke and runs over inf at the same speed and mobility

pop smoke and run to kill AT. why you not show a cromewell first?
12 Oct 2021, 11:39 AM

Yep, so pershing thats why pershing is too expensive and doctrinal?

Guys don't even think panther is comparable to Comet because its role is AT tank.

This tank does it all and it's not doctrinal. Anti-Infantry, Damage Absorber, Can PEN any tanks, fast.

No question, Panther is better in AT Tank department but its role is AT Tank only. Tell me somebody who has elite infantry is scared whenever they see panther?

the pershing fucking sucks and the balance team doesnt give a fuck,

the panther has 960 hp and good armor, it's role is AT but it really does the role well (it can basically

anti infantry is good, AT is alright but it isn't a tank destroyer, so heavier armor will not be reliably penned, and it definitely ISN'T a damage sponge. The utility the comet has is amazing though, but british vehicles in general have really strong abilities that are probably underappreciated.

doesn't deserve a nerf though, the comet is fine as it is currently
12 Oct 2021, 15:27 PM

I made a little video series for those who think that the Panther has worse AI performance as a comet, but in fact a Panther with pintle mg has pretty much the same AI capability as a Comet.

The Problem with the Comet is its unreliability against infantry sometimes it wipes an entire squad in one or two shoots, sometimes it hit nothing in 10 shoots (good to see in the last video) while on the other side the pintle MG on the Panther does very consistent an reliable dmg to infantry.

Comet, Panther vs Infantry on open field

Comet, Panther vs Pak on open field

Comet, Panther vs Pak on open field at 90 degree angle

Comet, Panther vs Pak on open field at 90 degree angle and vet 3

Comet, Panther vs Infantry in front of green cover
12 Oct 2021, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2021, 15:27 PMmadin2
I made a little video series for those who think that the Panther has worse AI performance as a comet, but in fact a Panther with pintle mg has pretty much the same AI capability as a Comet.

The Problem with the Comet is its unreliability against infantry sometimes it wipes an entire squad in one or two shoots, sometimes it hit nothing in 10 shoots (good to see in the last video) while on the other side the pintle MG on the Panther does very consistent an reliable dmg to infantry.

Comet, Panther vs Infantry on open field

Comet, Panther vs Pak on open field

Comet, Panther vs Pak on open field at 90 degree angle

Comet, Panther vs Pak on open field at 90 degree angle and vet 3

Comet, Panther vs Infantry in front of green cover

Yeah I also did similar test before. Panther with 3mg deals consistent dmg over infantry. People (even higher rank player like Asha) doesn't really care about that(pintle mg upgrade) instead focus on one-hit wonder shot.

The problem of Comet is that it has 6.4 scatter with less OHK area than P4 (but has better far AoE). 6.4 with low OHK ratio is not that a huge AI power especially if you consider the tech & unit cost.
13 Oct 2021, 02:26 AM

So what is the conclusion in these tests? in my eyes comet is overperforming for its price.

It just shows how garbage is the Doctrinal Pershing tank.

When you translate comet in-game. Those wipes and every shot kills 1-2 model manpower draining = lose capture/fuel/ammo point/victory point.

Whilst infantry can stand in front of panther just receiving damage from MG which is nothing (press retreat).

Comet kills units with high HP even when retreating. Actually, I had several games where my unit is not actually crumpled, and in green cover still getting killed 1-2 units or wiped with 1 shot.

It's not a Sherman with explosive rounds and definitely, PIV shells and other tanks shot will get deflected by that green cover.

13 Oct 2021, 03:57 AM

So what is the conclusion in these tests? in my eyes comet is overperforming for its price.

It just shows how garbage is the Doctrinal Pershing tank.

When you translate comet in-game. Those wipes and every shot kills 1-2 model manpower draining = lose capture/fuel/ammo point/victory point.

Whilst infantry can stand in front of panther just receiving damage from MG which is nothing (press retreat).

Comet kills units with high HP even when retreating. Actually, I had several games where my unit is not actually crumpled, and in green cover still getting killed 1-2 units or wiped with 1 shot.

It's not a Sherman with explosive rounds and definitely, PIV shells and other tanks shot will get deflected by that green cover.

The problem of your post & comment is that you don't provide (or seems to have no knowledge of) any actual stat.

Comet has
dmg 160
AoE 0/1.15/2.5
dmg modifier 1/0.4/0.2
scatter 6.4

As you can see from the AoE stat, it has very poor OHK radius
so unless it stucks at point blank, it won't kill a full health model.

Compare this to just normal P4 (not P4J!)
dmg 160
AoE 0.75/1.25/1.875
dmg modifier 100%/35%/5%
scatter 6.4

You can definetly see that P4 has much better OHK with same scatter.

Comet has better Accurracy (0.5% ~ 1%), but it doesn't mean much since vs inf is more about scatter issue.

So in conclusion,

Not true. Comet is not meant to OHK inf, Comet is designed to(with 2.5 total AoE) deals consistent dmg over infs instead of OHK.

Comet kills units with high HP even when retreating.

Pure RNG stuff unless you gonna argue 2,5%(P4) vs 3%(Comet) means a lot.

Actually, I had several games where my unit is not actually crumpled, and in green cover still getting killed 1-2 units or wiped with 1 shot

Again, pure RNG and Comet is very bad at OHK as I mentioned. You will see this more often against P4.

Pretty much the reason I see your post & comment meaningless, and again demanding your postcard because I don't think you have decent knowledge or skills to speak of balance.
13 Oct 2021, 04:03 AM

Are you blind? The video just showed a single shot killed 2 units or wiped?

Your stats don't translate to gameplay. All you can do is present your datasheet and go blind to the actual gameplay.

Almost everyone here are agreeing that's overperforming for its price and being non-doctrinal.

I also see your comments as meaningless. Since you failed to see what's posted in those videos.

RNGesus always favor the Comet? LOL
13 Oct 2021, 04:27 AM

The comet is too much of a swiss army knife with its blitz, nade, smoke/phosphorus, tank commander providing self spotting 45 sight, buffed mg and speed/manoeuvrability & vet2 panther armour.

iT has literally no downsides and makes the cromwell redundant since it does everything it doe+PED's

It should lose the tank commander so they cant operate on their own spotting paks and a slight armour nerf so stugs can pen more reliably instead of being forced into expensive panthers.
13 Oct 2021, 04:40 AM

Are you blind? The video just showed a single shot killed 2 units or wiped?

OHK radius means the shot kills full health model with one shot. The video shows that previous shot + mg dealing dmg & comet can eventually kill one or two model (with reduced hp) with a one shot.

RNGesus always favor the Comet? LOL

RNG favors (or it looks like) red team, because you eaily forget when RNG favored your side, and only remember bad thing happen to you. Something like 1-2 model OHK by Comet in green cover (which I say again, very very unlikely to happen, almost impossible).

You posted

"
Actually, I had several games where my unit is not actually crumpled, and in green cover still getting killed 1-2 units or wiped with 1 shot.
"
green cover gives 0.5 dmg modifier and combine that with Comet's close AoE 0, it is either

your 1-2 model was placed at point blank or hit from the same side of the green cover, hence no dmg modifer applied & green cover works as shot blocker - hence placing models at near point blank (does happen quite a lot) -

So if you are gonna claim on one comment Panther doing almost similar dmg with Comet against inf. meaningless, and on the other comment video shows Comet consistently killing 1-2 model with each shot,

please provide any test, or stat to back your story.

This kind of me speaking as Vipxxx. Hm....
13 Oct 2021, 04:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2021, 04:27 AMGGnore
The comet is too much of a swiss army knife with its blitz, nade, smoke/phosphorus, tank commander providing self spotting 45 sight, buffed mg and speed/manoeuvrability & vet2 panther armour.

iT has literally no downsides and makes the cromwell redundant since it does everything it doe+PED's

True, Comet is indeed simply better version of Cromwell with extra tech & cost.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2021, 04:27 AMGGnore

It should lose the tank commander so they cant operate on their own spotting paks and a slight armour nerf so stugs can pen more reliably instead of being forced into expensive panthers.

Not really, it's like saying we should nerf Panther's armor so Sherman can pen more reliably instead of being forced into expensive TD(Jackson).

They both are placed at last tier with expensive cost. They are designed to force enemy to build expensive counter.
13 Oct 2021, 05:23 AM

True, Comet is indeed simply better version of Cromwell with extra tech & cost.

Not really, it's like saying we should nerf Panther's armor so Sherman can pen more reliably instead of being forced into expensive TD(Jackson).

They both are placed at last tier with expensive cost. They are designed to force enemy to build expensive counter.

Well panthers armour was nerfed considerably, but nobody is complaining about panthers being too good against infantry/at guns & tanks as is with the comet.

A more comparable example would be a heavy all rounder tank like the is2/tiger/pershing which have all had their armour nerfed and are usually slow and lack the utility(self spot/blitz/at gun nade/offensive smoke) the comet has the operate on their own(as well as being limited to 1) thats where it becomes overpowered.

Also there is a theme in coh2 where the counter is generally cheaper than the unit its countering i.e heavy tanks costing 230ish fuel and td's costing 130-145 fuel but the supposed counter to the comet costs more than the unit its being bought to counter and leaves you severely lacking in anti infantry.

The panther should dominate the comet otherwise, which could be implemented with a damage buff to 200 and a pen increase but that would probably screw up the panther vs everything else.
13 Oct 2021, 05:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2021, 05:23 AMGGnore

Well panthers armour was nerfed considerably, but nobody is complaining about panthers being too good against infantry/at guns & tanks as is with the comet.

A more comparable example would be a heavy all rounder tank like the is2/tiger/pershing which have all had their armour nerfed and are usually slow and lack the utility(self spot/blitz/at gun nade/offensive smoke) the comet has the operate on their own(as well as being limited to 1) thats where it becomes overpowered.

Also there is a theme in coh2 where the counter is generally cheaper than the unit its countering i.e heavy tanks costing 230ish fuel and td's costing 130-145 fuel but the supposed counter to the comet costs more than the unit its being bought to counter and leaves you severely lacking in anti infantry.

The panther should dominate the comet otherwise, which could be implemented with a damage buff to 200 and a pen increase but that would probably screw up the panther vs everything else.

I'm not sure you realize, but Panther is one of the very few non-doctrine tank that can wipe AT from the front 1v1.

OKW can counter with cheaper JP4, and while WM doesn't have expensive TD, can go for Panther to dominate AT or just stack up the cheap stug. It does come with (comparably) low pen, but it has very gigh Fire rate so its dps is pretty decent enough to counter Comet.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★