Login

russian armor

(4 - 6) Pine River Dam

18 Nov 2013, 17:57 PM

Hello all! I just joined the site. I'm a WB amateur who has mostly made novel, experimental maps for compstomp marathons with friends. I'd like to submit for your (hopeful) enjoyment my first CoH2 effort: Pine River Dam

This is a 4-6 player semi-linear map with contracting & expanding chokepoints, the most fun of which is the massive hydroelectric dam at the map's center, which serves not only as the one sector capable of connecting territory across the broad river, but also as a vital overlook from which snipers & mortar teams can guard the central victory point in the drained riverbed below.

Getting to the aforementioned VP can only be accomplished by descending a narrow crossing downstream and braving a large and vulnerable expanse of ice. As one approaches enemy territory, flanking options decline and points become more and more difficult to reach, with the terrain funneling troops into awkward killzones. This makes for some fun back-and-forth play along the wooded riverbanks.

Update: 12/10/2013 20:30 EST
Version 2.4:
-Unflipped minimap, required now that Worldbuilder has finally been updated (huzzah!)
-Moved team 1's victory point to another hill, so it's a little farther from their base.

(4 - 6) Pine River Dam v2.4 (Steam Workshop Page)

Are there people here who don't use Steam? Please let me know and I will continue to offer a separate download link.

Tactical Map:

The dam:

The river crossing:

Inland hills & cliffs:

Along the riverbank:
18 Nov 2013, 18:22 PM
Patrion 14

this looks way cool :)
18 Nov 2013, 21:53 PM

will give it a try. looks very good on paper
18 Nov 2013, 21:55 PM
Donator 11

19 Nov 2013, 12:26 PM

in general a good idea, but it would be better when you add a few flanking routs in mid
-Mountain texture isnt reliable in parts of the map
-maybe use some kinds of snow textures and more splines

but for the fist map not bad.
19 Nov 2013, 19:36 PM

this looks killer!
10 Dec 2013, 15:16 PM

A quick bug report here:
If the inner wall of the dam gets destroyed (however - i didnt saw it happen) the CPU is able to drive through it. This can be annoying, but its a good map!
greetings
TigerRevenge
11 Dec 2013, 01:46 AM

Updated to fix minimap vertical flip glitch fix. Yeah.

Also added my map to the Steam Workshop, with link above. Hopefully this will streamline everyone's experience.

BTW thanks for playing, and for the excellent suggestions! I've learned a lot thanks to you fine volks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★