Login

russian armor

10 "new" maps for coh 2

18 Nov 2013, 05:22 AM

5 ports from COH 1 (com maps), & 5 tweaked COH 2 Relic maps.
For my geezer ass now past 20 years of real gaming, my ultimate rts fix is just good ol coh 1 comp-stomp community made bottleneck maps on annihilation with my 2 of my close personal friends. There's some kind of therapeutic decompression from a hectic day it creates! All three of us have hundreds of hours in the game, but would probably get slaughtered by most folks. We LOVE coh, but can't hang in the vs world. So when coh 2 came out we were bummed that we couldn't experience it like coh 1 with chokepoint style fights... but now we can!!! click link if that style of play suits you... and expect literally dozens more pretty soon.

DON RIVER UPDATE: I fixed the machine gun nest being on wrong team... nest guarding team 3 was assigned to 4.

11-19-13 UPDATE:
I made the file names / nomenclature all be max players_mapname ... eg: 4p_mapname.sga so they can be less confusing in the map select screen.

And Added new map "Camargue Lowlands"... South Camargue is a reed-covered swampy area in France with only narrow points to advance through the water which keeps the action tight, but spread around several areas. It's technically an island-swamp kind of place so it's quite wet.

11-23-13
added more maps.... 25 total now.

http://home.comcast.net/~dzinetrips/index.htm
18 Nov 2013, 09:44 AM

Permanently Banned
hm tow map?
thank wait for it, you.
18 Nov 2013, 13:03 PM

18 Nov 2013, 15:02 PM

i dont know how to say this. but thanks a lot for you all modders and mappers. you`re the reason i keep playing this CoH series :D
18 Nov 2013, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 09:44 AMakosi
hm tow map?
thank wait for it, you.

np
18 Nov 2013, 18:48 PM

Dude, I have the exact same fix - mindless "hold-the-line" compstomp with friends on silly bridge & chokepoint maps (which are sorely lacking in CoH2). I guess I sorta prefer WWI tactics to all that squad-based flanking business they invented later. ;) I will totally be checking out your maps!
18 Nov 2013, 18:53 PM

hey Skaje, I have just tried some of you maps, the Don and Oka River thaw maps have it where your units are in their summer clothes, other then that awesome job! cant wait to see what else you can add, since all the more maps (especially assymetrical ones) are always better :)

EDIT: it seems the link on your site for "Stalingrad Standoff" is broken as it leads to a Dropbox "nothing" page
18 Nov 2013, 19:09 PM

hey Skaje, I have just tried some of you maps, the Don and Oka River thaw maps have it where your units are in their summer clothes, other then that awesome job! cant wait to see what else you can add, since all the more maps (especially assymetrical ones) are always better :)

EDIT: it seems the link on your site for "Stalingrad Standoff" is broken as it leads to a Dropbox "nothing" page

oops! ok link fixed... & well the summer clothes? I guess the boys got a little excited when the "thaw" came? ;)
18 Nov 2013, 21:20 PM

basically the reason I brought up the summer clothes is that, in the maps the snowy winds are still blowing and the map is still covered with it, so it seems out of place to be seeing tanks with all kinds of urban and summer camo, and troops in gear that would make them die the moment they hit the field
18 Nov 2013, 21:44 PM

I made an account just to say thumbs up. I'm the same type of gamer and I was keen to see this type of gameplay back. Now, if only Relic added tank traps and regular abilities.
18 Nov 2013, 22:04 PM

basically the reason I brought up the summer clothes is that, in the maps the snowy winds are still blowing and the map is still covered with it, so it seems out of place to be seeing tanks with all kinds of urban and summer camo, and troops in gear that would make them die the moment they hit the field

technically, they were notoriously under dressed & many were in fact wearing summer gear in winter during the war (yikes!)... however, I just honestly really don't pay attention to that & just wanna do some chokepointin' in coh2. but you leave them boys alone... to them it's measley old sleet, not snow, & they are just soooo tired of the bad winter that you know, like wearing sunglasses when it's still wintry to kind of psyche yourself, they are trying to be positive for troop morale & all that... yea, ok that works for me! lol. have fun.
18 Nov 2013, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 21:44 PMch0pper
I made an account just to say thumbs up. I'm the same type of gamer and I was keen to see this type of gameplay back. Now, if only Relic added tank traps and regular abilities.

tank traps are there for both sides now.. yay!! one of my fav things from coh1
19 Nov 2013, 18:19 PM

hi guys, i want to report a bug. in the "cold river" map when the bridge is destroyed the vehicle cannot pass after the pioneer is restoring it. is it me or anyone else is experiencing it?

thanks
19 Nov 2013, 19:11 PM

hi guys, i want to report a bug. in the "cold river" map when the bridge is destroyed the vehicle cannot pass after the pioneer is restoring it. is it me or anyone else is experiencing it?

thanks

are you waiting until it's fully repaired? I've destroyed it several times in one battle & still (eventually) pushed over to win.
19 Nov 2013, 19:19 PM

are you waiting until it's fully repaired? I've destroyed it several times in one battle & still (eventually) pushed over to win.

yup, fully repaired... i dont know, could be my system. but i`ll try to play it again and post a screenshot if the problem still exist.

19 Nov 2013, 19:32 PM

yup, fully repaired... i dont know, could be my system. but i`ll try to play it again and post a screenshot if the problem still exist.

fyi... I just tried it again & had no problem.
23 Nov 2013, 14:46 PM

Very nice maps, good job! Although the summer skins bother me as well on the Don thaw map, if that could be changed into winter, I'd be wonderful! Sorry :P
23 Nov 2013, 15:35 PM

fyi... I just tried it again & had no problem.

yeah, just try it and the problem is gone... could be my game is experiencing issues..

Thanks btw :D
23 Nov 2013, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2013, 14:46 PMLutzow
Very nice maps, good job! Although the summer skins bother me as well on the Don thaw map, if that could be changed into winter, I'd be wonderful! Sorry :P

I have no idea why that changed... all I did was minor tweaks to land & mad it "not ice"... no clue why uniforms changed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★