Login

russian armor

RTS Gameplay Feedback

14 Jul 2021, 18:02 PM

Noticed that we have buildable air units that can act as off-map strikes in this game. So PVP will be interesting with some players going hard on air support. Its quite cheap(both muni and fuel) for the damage it can do.

Breach mechanic is a much needed concept after the garrison hell in COH2. But maybe should tone down the damage to not one shot entire squads the moment someone with grenades even touches the building.

Commander system is based on COH1 which is much needed than the P2W system of COH2.

Vehicles actually drive well and responsive, I'm actually surprised that vehicles dont have a stroke if I order a move button in urban areas.

Auto-vault can be very annoying if you misclick in front of cover and your squad vaults in front of their own cover. Needs to have an option to turn it off.

Base building need to be a bit more explained to the player. As USF, you have 4 additional buildings other than your HQ, plus HQ upgrades which are separate. Then those additional buildings have their own upgrades. Took me around 1 hour to get the optimisation down and that's a COH2 vet talking.

Quick switching weapons are very good, but should come with a short cooldown after switching.

Squads are not as sticky to cover as they should. Many times a 4 man squad just wont stay put behind a wall, leaving one guy out in the open and getting suppressed immediately.

I cannot issue move and captures orders directly on the minimap. Not sure if that's intended or a bug.

Talking about minimap, let's just say I'm very disappointed at how useless it is at showing information other than which capture point is blue/red. Its not hard to put actual icons in the minimap Relic. I prefer not having to stare at the tac map 90% to get the maximum use of my micro.

TL:DR, great foundation and concepts to build on PVP wise. But there's still a LOOOTTTT of technical issues like hotkeys, unable to customise own UI, no soldiers yelling grenade before they get blown up to pieces.
15 Jul 2021, 05:29 AM

The tactical maps in COH1 and 2 have been removed, that's really sad.
Minimap function should be like they have not added to it yet, perhaps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 31
Germany 883
unknown 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak