Login

russian armor

Voice lines for Luftwaffe Officer

21 Jun 2021, 05:28 AM

I am not sure if this is possible, but since the retinue of this unit are Fallschirmjager, shouldn't the retinue have some of the Falls' voice lines? As far as I'm aware it just uses the Artillery Field Officer squad's voice lines. I mean that's fine for issuing orders to the squad itself, it still seems relatively fitting. I just thought since there are Falls in the squad they should say some of the stuff the Fallschirmjager from OKW say, at least indirectly like while in combat and such

Thoughts?
21 Jun 2021, 06:11 AM

That's sadly impossible because the voices are in their own specific Army speech sga file.

Meaning that you would need to rip out the voices from the OKw sga and then pack them in a new Ostheer sga file in order for the game to read it.

And that's not possible because Relic in their infinite wisdom has barred us from assembling anything but tunning packs, skins and other cosmetical things but not sounds or models unfortunately.

And the game doesn't read unpacked files in folders either like in the first game so you're stuck with the SGAs.

Honestly the stupidity of their decisions are going to cost them dearly when something like Men of War is fully moddable and can be overhauled and turned into anything and everything pretty much in a rather simple and I would say easy manner.
21 Jun 2021, 06:24 AM

Yeah those limitations are holding this game's potential back for the community devs
Jue
21 Jun 2021, 10:09 AM

That's sadly impossible because the voices are in their own specific Army speech sga file.

Meaning that you would need to rip out the voices from the OKw sga and then pack them in a new Ostheer sga file in order for the game to read it.

And that's not possible because Relic in their infinite wisdom has barred us from assembling anything but tunning packs, skins and other cosmetical things but not sounds or models unfortunately.

And the game doesn't read unpacked files in folders either like in the first game so you're stuck with the SGAs.

Honestly the stupidity of their decisions are going to cost them dearly when something like Men of War is fully moddable and can be overhauled and turned into anything and everything pretty much in a rather simple and I would say easy manner.

No one hates the decision of Relic Entertainment more than the Chinese. With every update, we have to make a new localization patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★