Login

russian armor

cohdex - platform to create strategies

14 May 2021, 12:01 PM

Hey,

I am a web developer who wants to add yet another free and open source project to his portfolio. Therefor I decided to start planning out a project for COH2 where you and I can complot strategies. This thread is purely ment to gather suggestions whilst developing!

Proof Of Concept (hacked together)
Official Website
Discord (only to gather feedback/suggestions)

Mockups

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

A strategy consist of an early game capping order with a direct link to a build order.

In order to achieve this I will be implementing a system where you can basically add "commands" to a unit, which will allow you to add more things like build sandbags, move to this position etc. The amazing thing about this system is that I can implement a "replayish" feature so you can visually see how it all fits together.

Game Modes

I'll be starting with 1v1 and add 2v2 down the road. 3v3/4v4 are out of the scope.

For developers

The stack is completely in TypeScript with ReactJS to deal with the client. For the backend I will be using Node(https://kondah.dev/). Kondah is a micro framework created by me which is in it's very early stages; but I'm hoping that his project will mature it.

As of now I have not made the repository contribution friendly but if there are developers out there who would like to help out then I will gladly fix it.

Github repository
14 May 2021, 12:58 PM
Donator 22

ha, interesting, I have been longing for something like this in game since coh1.
now you start it....awesome!
MMX
14 May 2021, 13:23 PM

very cool! i'm in the same boat as gunther and having a website with stuff like this would be truly awesome. coh2.org (and before gr.org) used to have a ton of very informative and well written guides, but somehow the creation of content like this ebbed off in the recent years.
i might be a bit old school in that regard, but i prefer reading guides or builds rather than watching a youtube video, and i guess i'm not alone.

in any case, gl with the project... stoked to see how it turns out!
2 Jun 2021, 22:02 PM

Nice! Good luck with the project. Feel free to use the exported assets (icons of commanders and their abilities) from the game we have here
https://github.com/petrvecera/coh2ladders/tree/master/packages/web/public/resources/exportedIcons

Although you will need to export way more icons for actions like sandbags etc
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
Germany 759
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %