Login

russian armor

Turning ambient buildings into fortresses(against vehicles)

4 Apr 2021, 23:02 PM

Today I had a thought about the ambient buildings in company of heroes 2. You put units in them, they get harder to kill, simple as that, right?

But then, I have had an idea, why not amplify the resistance of the troops inside? you can technically do so, probably not with intention though.

I have tested the strategy of putting sandbags in front of buildings in cheatcommands, and then using an ostwind & 222 scout car to kill a penal battalion squad inside of a city 17 building, with 6 windows, so it targeted all six squad members. The penals went down surprisingly fast to the vehicles, adding a single layer of conscript sandbags will catch some of the shots of both vehicles, prolonging the life time of the penal battalions inside by several seconds. More layers (around four) will soak up way more shots, destroying most of the sandbags, but noticeably increasing the time at which the penal battalion endures the hits. I have not measured the time, but a penal squad without sandbags lasts up to 15 or 20 seconds.

*a layer of conscript sandbags covers all bottom windows of a building, additional sandbags are built in front of the existing sandbag

This isn't game breaking, although you could buy precious time for your building to hold out against armored attacks, if they don't crush the sandbags that is.
if there are several sandbags, clumped into a wall, tank shots are very likely going to hit the sandbags and damage them, not whatever else they're supposed to strike. long ago i heard about this type of strategy being used to defend static artillery from dives, yet i don't see it being mentioned often anymore

Fun stuff though, no?
MMX
5 Apr 2021, 05:32 AM

hm, never thought about this. i guess this would be quite effective in blocking a few shots, although it's still highly situational and would require quite some preparation. probably not worth the effort for regular garrisons but maybe an option to give a FHQ that little bit of extra longevity
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★