Login

russian armor

CoH2 Replay Crash Potential Fix

1 of 5 Relic postsRelic 10 Mar 2021, 00:19 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey everyone, we'd really appreciate it if you could test this build that has a potential fix for crashing replays. You can follow the below steps on Steam to access the build.

• Right-click Company of Heroes 2 in your Steam Library, and select properties.
• Navigate to the Betas tab
• Enter the password "JubakBrabitTobu" to unlock the private Beta.
• From the dropdown menu at the top, select "communitytest2".
• Close the properties window and your game should patch to this version.

Please report back on your findings. If you have a crash, report that as usual and provide your replay file, DxDiag information and any video recordings. If you have success with this build, that's great and we want to hear about it.

Thanks again for all your help as we work to resolve this issue.
10 Mar 2021, 13:30 PM

Hello JohnT_RE, I am the one who posted this: https://www.coh2.org/topic/107688/coh2-replays-crash-bug-reproduction-help/post/854351

I tested the same replay file on the new patch, but the problem continues. Here is how I reproduce it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1j5nrDgIw4

The replay file which I used was the same with previous one, and DxDiag.txt was also the same.

If you need a replay file recorded on the new version (after the patch), I cannot help because I have no friend to test with ;)

Hope it helps.
10 Mar 2021, 16:36 PM

I did a 38min match vs the AI and watched the replay afterwards in 2560x1440
Clicking and fooling around while watching and no crash at all.

Only thing I noticed was the UI was missing several elements, in game, pre-game stats and even in menus.

I took a screenshot as an example
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2420569689
2 of 5 Relic postsRelic 11 Mar 2021, 00:14 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey everyone, we'd really appreciate it if you could test this build that has a potential fix for crashing replays. You can follow the below steps on Steam to access the build.

• Right-click Company of Heroes 2 in your Steam Library, and select properties.
• Navigate to the Betas tab
• Enter the password "JubakBrabitTobu" to unlock the private Beta.
• From the dropdown menu at the top, select "communitytest2".
• Close the properties window and your game should patch to this version.

Please report back on your findings. If you have a crash, report that as usual and provide your replay file, DxDiag information and any video recordings. If you have success with this build, that's great and we want to hear about it.

Thanks again for all your help as we work to resolve this issue.

The team wanted me to let you know they really appreciate everyone testing this build. The previous crashes you've reported were helpful in further isolating the issue.

There's a new build that's been pushed to the "communitytest2" beta. Just check to make sure the version number is 4.0.23941.0, which is visible on the menu pop-up on the game's main menu.

If everyone could test this new build and see if replay crashes are reproducible, that would be super helpful.

Thanks again!
11 Mar 2021, 15:42 PM

The team wanted me to let you know they really appreciate everyone testing this build. The previous crashes you've reported were helpful in further isolating the issue.

There's a new build that's been pushed to the "communitytest2" beta. Just check to make sure the version number is 4.0.23941.0, which is visible on the menu pop-up on the game's main menu.

If everyone could test this new build and see if replay crashes are reproducible, that would be super helpful.

Thanks again!

Something is wrong. While I have communitytest2 selected, it still says I am on version
4.0.0.23938. I tried to verify the game files and switch back to the live version and back to the communitytest2 beta

EDIT

It appears it has updated since the reply from yesterday is no longer being showed.
I will do another test game and watch the replay. Will post my findings

oh hey! I can see a notable difference, the menu is no longer bugged. So I must be on a newer version.

EDIT #2
No crash after watching a 28min replay and clicking around doing stuff.

EDIT #3
Just as I was finish my coh2 updated. still says 4.0.0.23938
but 2 buttons on the main menu where constantly red and the replay I just watched is gone.
3 of 5 Relic postsRelic 11 Mar 2021, 17:29 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Something is wrong. While I have communitytest2 selected, it still says I am on version
4.0.0.23938. I tried to verify the game files and switch back to the live version and back to the communitytest2 beta

EDIT

It appears it has updated since the reply from yesterday is no longer being showed.
I will do another test game and watch the replay. Will post my findings

oh hey! I can see a notable difference, the menu is no longer bugged. So I must be on a newer version.

EDIT #2
No crash after watching a 28min replay and clicking around doing stuff.

EDIT #3
Just as I was finish my coh2 updated. still says 4.0.0.23938
but 2 buttons on the main menu where constantly red and the replay I just watched is gone.

Hey sorry about that. You may need to restart Steam. We accidentally posted the wrong build last night but have uploaded the correct one this morning. :)
12 Mar 2021, 16:32 PM

Alright I am now on the right version. Still no crashes :)
4 of 5 Relic postsRelic 12 Mar 2021, 17:40 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Alright I am now on the right version. Still no crashes :)

Awesome! Let me know if that changes.
13 Mar 2021, 13:01 PM

I have some good news

An old replay I used to reproduce the replay crash, can no longer crash the game!
I can still reproduce the crash with this replay in the live version, but I couldn't get it to crash on the beta branch.

I think this bug is squashed :)
16 Mar 2021, 09:27 AM

Awesome! Let me know if that changes.

I got the beta and the replay selection becomes blank, is there any solution?
5 of 5 Relic postsRelic 16 Mar 2021, 15:50 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 09:27 AMPorygon

I got the beta and the replay selection becomes blank, is there any solution?

Could you provide some more details? Or even screenshots of what you're seeing? Thanks!
16 Mar 2021, 16:08 PM

I think its because of the different version numbers. So any replays you had are not visible in the reply section.

you can add –allowIncompatibleReplays to the launch options in steam
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS