Login

russian armor

(2) Morivsk - please test and judge my map! Advice welcome!

28 Feb 2021, 17:49 PM

Greetings. I have made a map as a part of a light-ish game design portfolio i am working on to enroll in a university in the Netherlands.

Map name is (2) Morivsk. As given away by the title, it is a 1v1 map. Set on the Eastern Front in about 1944 during the Battle of Kursk, it is a small village sitting on the Dniepr river, surrounded by mountains with a muddy road cutting through the middle. It is fairly small and matches are quick, but it is quite wide, so it plays similarily to Beaux Lowlands, in my opinion. Fuel points are far away from eachother, but the cutoffs are not. I have tested it for bugs and misalignments and fixed all pathfinding issues I could find. You can find my map on the Steam workshop.

Issues, that I know of;
- cover is a bit uneven and there is not enough of heavy cover, I can fix this easily, but I would like to know which objects give heavy cover, that I may not know of and that you think would fit the map
- M1 Howitzer and leIG could be able to shoot base to base, but I have not tested this yet. If it is true, I will move the bases completely to their corners and change the map-up a tiny bit
- some units seem to fire through hedgerows. I do not know how to fix this and would like someone to help me with this.

Thank you upfront! I hope you will like it. Just a note - I have made it using the 32-bit version, but hopefully there will be no bugs in 64 and it should work smoothly. It is also my first publishable map I have made, so take it with a grain of salt.
28 Feb 2021, 18:02 PM

maybe you should include the link to the map aswell in your post :) if you want you can also take part in the current map maker tourney for new 1vs1 maps in the ML discord AE is looking for some new maps
28 Feb 2021, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2021, 18:02 PMOlvadi
maybe you should include the link to the map aswell in your post :) if you want you can also take part in the current map maker tourney for new 1vs1 maps in the ML discord AE is looking for some new maps

Ah, of course. Here it is;
LINK
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight