Login

russian armor

i need help with my okw late game

20 Jan 2021, 15:31 PM

i am not sure what have i done wrong:huh:, i know my random team mate fuked up in his early game but i feel something went very wrong in late game.and any idea how i could play with tiger b much more effective? this replay might look random but i get in the same troubles :( :S every late game with okw. any advices are appreciated ^_^.

this is the replay i just upload it in coh2.org
21 Jan 2021, 08:10 AM

first 2 minutes : there's a couple of things to point out here

1# Using Sturmpio's to the best effect, there is a whole Right side of the map, that you could have used to flank around pioneers and assult the Soviets hiding behind the green cover, so consider better engagements here. you need sturms to be within 10 meters to max there dps output.

2# Panzerfusiliers are a great choice against Soviets, but bear in mind you need to cap the munitions points As early as possible to make the most of the rifle upgrades. consider bringing out an early kubel to support
An early sturmpio push or to fast cap the territories closer to you. Soviets early fir the first few minutes don't have a snare.

5 minutes, there was a pretty nasty engagement for you during your attempt to cap the fuel, where the soviet brings in a flame unit and you lose alot of unnecessary models, you are still unable to cap the point and retreated 3 squads. best option for you here would have been to move back away from the point, you had a couple of good nade throws, but imo this munitions would be better spent on upgrading Pfus with G43 and abusing your range advantage. Bring up the MG to lock down the feul point swing your pios to the right to hit the flank if you had done this instead, you would have won the engagment and teh feul...and it would like have changed the entire pace of the game.

8 minutes: this push by the allied forces is a blunder on both yours and your team mate comms, he could and should have been on top this, and prepared for it, sitting on 2 mg's and a mortar whilst your being attacked by 2 teams is unfair. he could have helped. But you could have had a Second MG and mortar, or a light vic out at this stage. you had alot in the float and still no upgraded Pfus.

around mid game its just a lot of back and forth, i would say utilise your PFUS flare abilities more so you get an insight on where the next attack is coming from, there's been some times where MG's were placed in bad spots, (to close to Sight blockers or to close the front line or out in neutral cover becoming easy targets). you built a mortar but for a lot of the time it looks like you forgot you had it.

++++3MG's?++++

Im not sure what the idea was behind 3 mg's, you stopped yourself getting a p4 which would have been a better choice, and it this point the allies will start bring vics and you have literally no counter (id hazard a guess on you stalling for TigerB which is a bad idea right now)

25 minutes in the allies are really starting to strengthen there front lines they have a t-34, Su85 and come and Sexton artillery, you have just lost your only Tank (Wehrmacht p4), and now your open to being wittled by indirect.

28 minutes: ISU-152 hits the field, and you make a very bad decision to bring out not one but two Konigs B tiger.

Here's why:

ISU-152 out ranges, does better damage and penetration.
he also has Su85 that out ranges the TigerB.
you will never be able to pop off 1 shot without receiving two back.

you'd have been better off 15 minutes ago getting your Panthers out and exposing that right flank as much as possible abusing the 152's terrible turn speed.

i'm not even going to comment on the rest of the vid, because I see this all the time, players stalling for late game super heavies, because it wins against ultra noobs. it works for a short time, then they come up against experience and they lose because they don't bring out the units needed to respond effectively through out early and mid.

and if you see shocks early expect a 152 if that's the case go for elephant or JAGDtiger and constantly recon the front to abuse its dominating range.

Tiger B is not a good tank on open maps like this, its much better for maps with lots of sight blocks it can poke in and out of Absolutely every anti tank unit can out range it and will on open planes.

And please think about flanking more...especially if you see super heavies and pre-empt with the right units or respond with the right units instead of holding out for a super heavy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★