Login

russian armor

OKW late game

18 Dec 2020, 20:49 PM

Do I just need to work on my micro, or have I also made serious macro mistakes? At the middle-end of the game I just felt overwhelmed with too much manpower bleed to do anything.
19 Dec 2020, 11:15 AM

Macro-wise the big one was the super late KT, which came about 20 minutes later than it should have had. After you lost your Shwerer panzer HQ, you insisted on rebuilding it over and over instead of just going for the KT. The only reason why you would want to rebuild the Shwerer before KT is when you have no other medium+ armor on the field. Because this would just leave your slow KT to be sniped by SU85s. You however had a Panther on the field already, so you could have had a ~30 minute KT/Panther combo which is very hard to deal with. The earlier KT would have provided some much needed vehicle base AI firepower so you wouldn't have to push in and bleed infantry all the time. The Panther/KT combo is also very potent against casemate tank destroyers like the SU85 if you use hammer/anvil tactics, where you push straight in with the KT and flank with the Panther.

The earlier KT would have given you some breathing room and provide a stable core to build your army around, depending on what the Soviet would do in response. If he went for AT guns for example you could have gone for a walking stuka. If he went another SU85 you could have either try to re-built the shwerer and go for a JP4 to play safe, or not rebuild the shwerer and go for double Puma for a high-risk/high-reward game winning flank push.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
Peru 17
United Kingdom 47
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W