Login

russian armor

Why german had hard time counter T70 1v1?

16 Nov 2013, 11:55 AM

right now, german is very hard to counter T70 spam because they dont have too many varieties to counter it, AT gun sucks when opponent has more than 2 T70, give T70 scatter distance penality wont solve the problem,T70 should be good VS infantry, the problem is with soviet industry commander, people just spam it, the issue is the number of T70, not T70 Titslef, nobody think T70 would be the problem if there is only 1 or 2 T70, german should have a lot variety to counter T70 even without T3 armor. here is some thoughts:

1.give Panzergrendaier 60 munition sherck.
2.221 scout car main gun upgrade cost 40 muntion.
3.german teller mine cost 30 muntion can only be triggered by vehicle,anti- infantry minefield should be like the one in soviet.
4.ostwind fuel cost decrease to 85 fuel, stug 95 fuel, Panzer IV 115 fuel.
5.LMG can only upgrade when your HQ upgrade to level 2.
6.decrease Grenadier armor from 1.5 to 1.2, but change it from 4 to 5-man squad.

with the above change, the german can have variety ways to counter T70, right now, because every single way cost too much munition so german player doesnt have too many choices to counter T70,with the decrease of muntion, sherck+mine+scout car maingun+AT gun would be all possible at the same time to counter T70, if german use T2 well, with a resonable munition cost and wait for the T3, soviet will no longer spam T70 bacasue of the fairly cheaper ostwind, however, for german player, even you have ostwind doesnt mean you can crush T70 because soviet T34 also cost 85 fuel which can win ostwind fairly easily.

16 Nov 2013, 12:20 PM

Wouldn't it be wiser to change the commander itself than change all of those things ? It will just throw out the balance if the soviet player isn't using the industry commander.
16 Nov 2013, 12:28 PM

Permanently Banned
T70 snowball was very strong even before patch.

The 500 MP and buildtime reduction change also now lurks below the Commanders as more supporting of T70 snowball anyways.

Implementing 1-2 of these is imo, a valid consideration.
16 Nov 2013, 12:32 PM

Delete the Soviet Imbastry Commander from the game and no refunds.
16 Nov 2013, 12:38 PM

Personally i have much trouble with early and well microed T70s (damn you, VonIvan!). It lies in the nature of the unit: In the right hands it is unkillable except by lucky Tellermines and can prevent mapcontrol and consequently tanks that can reliably counter the unit. Some indirect nerfs to the T70 could be made if it's not overboard.

That would make PGs too good all around. If you let them get a single Schreck, the other members must receive a nerf to their AI capabilities in some form.
120 munitions may seem expensive, but it's absolutely worth the price.

Spare the munitions and don't get lmgs or flamerHT if you fear an early T70.

2.221 scout car main gun upgrade cost 40 munitions.
Even with the recent veterancy changes i feel 40 munitions would be to cheap.

3.german teller mine cost 30 munitions can only be triggered by vehicle,anti- infantry minefield should be like the one in soviet.
Only if the damage is reduced drastically. A single S mine for 7 munitions would be too powerful and spammy (as is the soviet one), but a quadrant for ~30 munitions would be cool.

Leave it, the Ostwind is a very strong unit that only get's overshadowed by the utility of the P4. The "cheap" counter tank to the T70 is already the stug.

This has nothing to do specifically with the T70.

6.decrease Grenadier armor from 1.5 to 1.2, but change it from 4 to 5-man squad.
This has more impact than you might think. You have to balance every unit around them again, so no.

I would look at the soviet industry commander for a nerf more than anything else right now.
16 Nov 2013, 16:40 PM

Change the ridiculous OP commander instead of the reasonable balanced unit.
16 Nov 2013, 18:47 PM

T70 is like the old M8. Is a unit whose early impact can give you the victory but if it's destroyed it would be a terrible loss for the russian player.

If you manage to destroy an early T70 with a shcrek, pak or mine, you have a big window to roam free with an Ostwind or P4.

I don't think the unit was OP before the new commander, so if anything should be changed is the stupid Soviet Industry, not the T70.
18 Nov 2013, 14:23 PM
Donator 11

I cant recall if the accuracy whilst moving modifiers (possibly from leaked beta notes?) actually took place.

Making circle-strafing, kiting and chasing down retreating units marginally less successful seems like a sensible approach to this.

Did anyone watch Helping Hans stream yesterday where OMG and partner drowned him in T70's (2 appeared for each one they killed). It was a little dispiriting.
18 Nov 2013, 14:26 PM

Personally i have much trouble with early and well microed T70s (damn you, VonIvan!). It lies in the nature of the unit: In the right hands it is unkillable except by lucky Tellermines and can prevent mapcontrol and consequently tanks that can reliably counter the unit. Some indirect nerfs to the T70 could be made if it's not overboard.

That would make PGs too good all around. If you let them get a single Schreck, the other members must receive a nerf to their AI capabilities in some form.
120 munitions may seem expensive, but it's absolutely worth the price.

Spare the munitions and don't get lmgs or flamerHT if you fear an early T70.

2.221 scout car main gun upgrade cost 40 munitions.
Even with the recent veterancy changes i feel 40 munitions would be to cheap.

3.german teller mine cost 30 munitions can only be triggered by vehicle,anti- infantry minefield should be like the one in soviet.
Only if the damage is reduced drastically. A single S mine for 7 munitions would be too powerful and spammy (as is the soviet one), but a quadrant for ~30 munitions would be cool.

Leave it, the Ostwind is a very strong unit that only get's overshadowed by the utility of the P4. The "cheap" counter tank to the T70 is already the stug.

This has nothing to do specifically with the T70.

This has more impact than you might think. You have to balance every unit around them again, so no.

I would look at the soviet industry commander for a nerf more than anything else right now.

This
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 24
Peru 10
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L