Login

russian armor

KV-2?

16 Nov 2013, 14:42 PM

It is a stong tank, especially against infantry and medium tanks, because those units usually don't survive more than two hits. The penenetration however is "only" 140, so the effectiveness against heavy tanks is limited.

The armor is also very important to note: While it has 300 front armor (same as Tiger), it has only 87,5 rear armor. Together with the slow rotating turret it is very susceptible to flanks.

It's too early to call it OP.
16 Nov 2013, 14:53 PM

I played with the KV-2 on 'Lazur' and had great success with it. The map is littered with chokepoints, and while the KV-2's siege fire often hits buildings, the ruins helped keep them from being flanked.

I utterly ruined a tank attack with KV-2s by ambushing them with a scoutcar/sniper spotter. Medium tanks bite the dust quickly against them.

Heavy tanks like Panther, elefant, and Tiger are a different story altogether. Like the ISU-152, the KV-2 has problems penning their front armor, and teh shells often bounce off.

It looks to me that the key to make the KV-2 miss is to move and close in. The siege rounds are not accurate against moving targets.
16 Nov 2013, 17:29 PM

al this cry makes me happy. i play both ostt and sov and i can beat (ofcorse with a good team m8) 2v2 and 3v3 and 4v4 vs any general payd or not and that is wile not using any general mysefl! learn to addapt and stop the cry. the fact a kv2 or a tiger ace beat the crap out of you means you did sumting wrong and if it starts bad thing tend to snowball to worse .. half of the time its not the units that is OP!! most of the time you just bin outplayd
16 Nov 2013, 17:35 PM

Permanently Banned
al this cry makes me happy. i play both ostt and sov and i can beat (ofcorse with a good team m8) 2v2 and 3v3 and 4v4 vs any general payd or not and that is wile not using any general mysefl! learn to addapt and stop the cry. the fact a kv2 or a tiger ace beat the crap out of you means you did sumting wrong and if it starts bad thing tend to snowball to worse .. half of the time its not the units that is OP!! most of the time you just bin outplayd

cool story, tell me more! MVGame
16 Nov 2013, 19:44 PM
Donator 22

16 Nov 2013, 20:00 PM

nothing wrong with this tank imo. it's a great target for the ostheer.
16 Nov 2013, 20:45 PM

Good vs stationary soft targets and thats it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★