Login

russian armor

picking up an mg or mortar

15 Nov 2013, 15:54 PM

if you kill a mortar or mg team it drops most of the time its weapon.. but i see then i pick it up with cons the reinfoce is 20 mp wile its 30 if i pick it up with another unit like engineers or guards.. now is my real question. do they stil get 25% more damage and to they get the the same armor if you pick it up with cons or guards or any units
15 Nov 2013, 15:56 PM
Benefactor 115

yes the models are the same units with the same stats. the weapon retains its stats
15 Nov 2013, 16:33 PM

A fun trick with soviets is to re-crew a support weapon with penal troops. Then, instead of reinforcing the weapon at the HQ, just merge conscripts with them. This will give you a support weapon whose crew all carry the SVT-40 rifle, giving them about double the DPS of ordinary conscripts and making them much more resilient to infantry flanks.

Things to remember when re-crewing and when using merge:
- Models re-crewing weapons maintain their stats and weapons.
- When reinforcing a picked up support weapon, the reinforcements have the same stats and costs as the squad type that picked up the weapon.
- Merging conscripts gain the weapon of the squad that they are merged to, but retain their armor stats.
- Penal troops and combat engineers are ideal targets for merge, as they both have models with the same armor as conscripts but are 50% more expensive to reinforce normally.

15 Nov 2013, 18:56 PM

oke they keep them stats but do they get the 25% bonus damage when they pick up an mg or mortar
15 Nov 2013, 19:14 PM

oke they keep them stats but do they get the 25% bonus damage when they pick up an mg or mortar

I'm not 100% sure but I think they do in fact recieve 25% extra damage.
16 Nov 2013, 03:19 AM

A fun trick with soviets is to re-crew a support weapon with penal troops. Then, instead of reinforcing the weapon at the HQ, just merge conscripts with them. This will give you a support weapon whose crew all carry the SVT-40 rifle, giving them about double the DPS of ordinary conscripts and making them much more resilient to infantry flanks.

- When reinforcing a picked up support weapon, the reinforcements have the same stats and costs as the squad type that picked up the weapon.
- Merging conscripts gain the weapon of the squad that they are merged to, but retain their armor stats.
- Penal troops and combat engineers are ideal targets for merge, as they both have models with the same armor as conscripts but are 50% more expensive to reinforce normally.

Thanks for the awesome tips! You should write a guide....
16 Nov 2013, 03:36 AM
Honorary Member Badge

never did think of that i like. it :D
16 Nov 2013, 06:45 AM

And this is why I don't like Penal Troops despite using them as Soviets. They're just in such a weird position and role in the Soviet army. All sorts of micro intensive shenanigans you can pull with them, but usually it's not worth the time to do so in a heated match.
16 Nov 2013, 06:59 AM

penals are great fighters but bad on the front lines. they have good dps for a rifle squad and flamers, so they are great for ninja capping, since nothing except infantry numbers or vehicles can really stop them without taking heavy casualties.

they are more like a finesse unit, superb when played and microed right, worthless when the enemy makes a real effort to stop them.

so i really love it when people send grens against my penals and watch as a satchel wipes a squad or my penals doing huge amounts of damage before being forced off, coming back vetted and alot more dangerous.

conscripts are better off on the frontlines where they act as meatshields and flankers with molotovs and cheap to replace.
16 Nov 2013, 10:01 AM

Permanently Banned
Use Penals as you would a LMG/G43 Gren.
Its basically the same thing, in a different stat arrangement.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★