Login

russian armor

Fraudulent Relic emails & interviews

28 Oct 2020, 18:24 PM
Patrion 310

An interesting news story about cybersecurity.
As more people than ever are working from home, cybersecurity is very important.

News story here:
https://www.artstation.com/mgagnon81/blog/BzQ6/some-sack-of-crap-is-impersonating-relic-entertainment
source: Mike Gagnon
https://www.linkedin.com/in/imakecomics/
Some Sack of Crap is Impersonating Relic Entertainment
Hey folks. I hope that title isn't too click-baitey. I would think not, because it's true! Join me, as I have a story to tell.

Official Relic statement:
Hi Mike,
Thank you for reaching out. We've been made aware of emails claiming to be from Relic and SEGA with fraudulent job interviews and offers being sent out, and are looking into the situation. All of Relic's Recruiting Team is public and searchable on LinkedIn. We strongly encourage anyone who thinks they've received an email from Relic to make sure it's from someone on our team, and to reach out to that recruiter via private message if you're at all unsure.

Relic Entertainment Inc. | SEGA500 – 285 West 5th Avenue | Vancouver, BC | V5Y 1J3
Office: 604-801-6577 | Fax: 604.801.6578
Email: info@relic.com | www.relic.com | www.sega.com

See that signature line after the message? That's what a legit business e-mail looks like. Real HR recruiters are going to have any and all contact info listed in their closing. That was the biggest thing that threw out fishy smell when I read the original offer e-mail.

So I did not actually get a job offer from Relic. Oh well. I got lots going on as it is and though open to work, do not have a shortage of it.

There are however lots of people out there who may get taken in by this scam. I feel like it's especially insidious as it is specifically targeting artists, many of whom are struggling right now or looking for a break and probably can't afford to lose money of deal with drama caused by phishing and fraud scams.

Of course, the names could be fake and no one should try to target anyone by these names online, but if you get the same e-mail, feel free to tell them what you think, hell, even link them to this blog! LOL
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★