Login

russian armor

Casual/compstomp mod: Company of HEROES

6 Sep 2020, 23:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Many of you have watched Band of Brothers, A bridge too far, Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter, Brothers in arms... Fascinated by the defensive efforts of generals like Walter Model? Amazed by incredible almost in-human like moments, like Kolobanov and his famous KV-1 last-stand? Love you some WW2 History and games in general?

Have I got a mod for you. Company of HEROES!

This mod adds popular characters and legends from movies and TV and games, mixed with actual WW2 heroes, to create new meaning behind a "Company of Heroes!"

Been playing it by myself to kill time, or with a very small group of friends, but thought i'd share formally. Thought there's a demographic of people out there that enjoy this as much as I do. :D

I invite you to subscribe to Company of Heroes today and see for yourself!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1785611184

General Changes:

Vehicle Combat:

Criticals and positioning are now more important and in the spotlight than ever, punishing overaggression, rewarding cunning tank commanders. With new previously unused criticals and voice lines being added, COH2 now also plays alot more like a game of World of Tanks on the vehicle combat side of things. Tanks will take interesting new criticals to all the different aspects of a vehicle when falling below 35% health or getting hit by certain projectiles, and the range and penetration system has been adjusted, in addition to new gunfire and sound effects!

New upgrades and dynamics.
(such a Pintle mounts on the Pershing, or a spotter on the Puma! What about a Pintle mount on the AEC? Firefly crew cannot handle their own muzzle flash! T70 cannot rotate the turret and reload at the same time. Plenty of new vehicle dynamics, across all the factions!)

New unit: Forward Observer and Observation Equipment

This is a unit that is available in some capacity to all 5 factions, either as Artillery officers or Observsation officers. Due to the increased ranges that this mod introduces, it's only customary that new and unique reconnaissance options are available!

US Forces
Hero Units:
Lt Speirs(buildable in LT tier)
Captain Winters(buildable in CPT tier)
Sgt Saunders(buildable in T1)
Creighton Abrams M4A3 Thunderbolt Sherman(Buildable at 18 CP)
Sgt Pool's M4A3 76(buildable at 18CP)
Lt. Col Cole(Buildable in T1)

Take control of the war in the west with the best officers and leaders, and some of the gutsiest NCO's known to Televi- is this Hollywood, or a WW2 game?

British Forces(and friends)

Hero Units:
'Arnhem Knight' General Frost(T0)
French Maquis Resistance leader and spawnable fighters(T0)
Polish Veteran troops(T2)

The British forces, now double as a way to represent the French Maquis fighters, and the Polish Armored division that fought alongside them during the normandy breakout. Resistance fighters and elite polish units are requisitionable through a side upgrade as the British!

Commandos have been divided into the Original commandos we know with silencers(Infiltration) and new commandos that are now armed for frontline war; with rifles and unsilenced stens(now that bren upgrade makes sense tactically...)! The airlanding officer is now much more gentlemanly, using rifles over SMGs.

In addition, to this commando overhaul; enter Johnny Frost, hero of Arnhem as a buildable unit. His ability "Arnhem Knights" allows for some miraculous holds against terrible odds.

Soviets
Hero Units:

Lady Death Lt Lyudmila Pavlichenko Hero Sniper(T1)
Dmitry Lavrenko's T34/76(T4)
Kolobanovs KV-1(T4)
Talgat Bigeldinov's IL2 Strafe(available from the Officer)

Penal battalion have been replaced by "strelky", a homage to the original Eastern front mod of COH1. They are more traditional frontline infantry for the soviets.

Shock Troops have been renamed: SHISBR infantry and they can now REPAIR and oorah!

IS2, ISU, KV2...ETC...all those big soviet beasts? I hope you enjoy playing with them in this mod as much as I do, the thunderous clap of an ISU152 will never get old in this mod! and i'll leave it at that!

Katyshua: Will lightly stun tanks.

OKW
Hero Units:
Walter Model and his spawnable hero Pioneers(TO)
Ernst Barkmanns Panther Command Tank(T4)
Kurt Knispels King Tiger(T4)
V2 Rocket(Observation Officer, or Walter Model)

OKW's big bad late game beasts get love, with new epic veteran late game tank commanders, backed by absoulute defensive genius Walter Model, create a real-life siegfried line in every game you play, and make advancing HELL for the allies!

All OKW infantry are given very luxurious and technologically advanced weaponry! This is the final strike, we cannot fail! STG's, powerful IR optics, available en masse. We turn the war around today!

And, who doesn't love a V2 strike?

Ostheer
Hero Units:
Bruno Sutkus Sniper (T0)
Wilhem and Friedhelm Winter(t2)
Supermedic "Charlotte" Weiss(Buildable from the Bunker)
Otto Carius' Tiger I Ace
V2 Rocket(Observation officer)

If you loved Generation War, or Unsere Vater, Unsere Mutter, you will love playing as Ostheer. Play as the brotherly duo from the german film, keep your troops inspired and at full strength with Charlotte, an amazing field Medic, and then crush the enemy for good with a Tiger Ace, V2 combo; commanded by noneother than Otto Carius himself! Enjoy non doctrinal Howitzers and Pak-43's.

There's so many other changes, but it's best to just...dive in(preferably with a Zoom mod or cheat mod) and just enjoy! A great way to kill time or play COH2 differently if you're bored of the same old meta-whores in Automatch!

This mod took about...a year and a half to finally finish or at least present a publishable publically version. So theres quite literally alot of shit I changed for the luls in terms of balance or gameplay. I tried to keep it as much like the base game of COH as possible with a *twist* but, don't expect perfect balance with this! Lower end PC's BE ADVISED. there are alot of *over dramatized* explosions and sound effects so it may lag lower end PCs!

Took alot of inspiration from Sneakeye, All Units mod, and numerous shows, games and movies, like Call of Duty 3, War Thunder, World of Tanks, Generation War, Band of Brothers, Call of Duty:WW2, and more.

Enjoy :3

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS