Login

russian armor

just, sharing my thoughts

15 Nov 2013, 02:55 AM

i don't like to rant too much.
i laid my hands of coh2 for like a month, after seeing several times 9% searching as soviets in 2v2 i felt i had enough and moved on to another game, then I heard from a friend about the new patch and decided to give it a try.

won first 2 matches because german players tried cheese that don't work anymore due to large resource start. Lost the third due to tiger ace that killed 2 of my isu 85 without taking any damage and a reckless ally that threw away 3 t34 against it instead of getting AT guns.
frankly i could have won, first time i faced it, never knew how strong it was.

now.. its not the balance i am talking about, hell with the balance, it will eventually be polished. it is this overflow of units, too much commanders, too much units too much abilities.

i begin to have the same feeling while as playing world of tanks and getting an opponent with tier 8 tank while i have tier 5 tank, because he bought him through grinding or paying.

i need another game, i rather pay a monthly subscription and invest my time in a balanced game, with limited amount of units and abilities where every unit and every ability counts, where diversity derives from depth instead of buying more stuff.

i wish to remind you guys that WoT and LoL doing very well, that is what people like now days, ppl want to lose to a unit/ tank / commander / hero they don't have, so they will have this dream of grinding it or paying until they have it.

that is not what i ever wanted, i wanted a paper / rock / scissors in a RTS package in WWII setting.

COH 2 become a league of legends in a RTS package in WWII setting, and it costs money.
i am not sorry i bought the game, i played like 160 hours, i think it is around 1$ per hour, a well spent time.

in CoH1 it was a thrill to invent something new, i remember the first time i started to use 3 rifles into wsc and it worked for me, never seen it until then in casts, but it worked at the level of me and my opponents. Now that was a thrill, to devise a new strat and then test it, polish it until it works, that what brought me back to the game every day.

in CoH2 the thrill is to buy that new unit or commander, well i have this available for me in real life thank you. It reminds me of high-school when you gotta have the latest Vans shoes to be cool. If a new show model comes out, you gotta get it. Well i guess if i was in the mood for such a dynamic i would spend my time in high-school with the van boys (no offence) chasing the backstreet fan girls (no offence) and never got into gaming in the first place.

COH1 was great, but the industry moved on, and that's it...

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 44
Poland 10
United States 7
Germany 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %