Login

russian armor

Oshteer close air support commander tips?

30 Aug 2020, 09:05 AM

Any tips on how to use this commander effectively, especially the AT strafe? The damage is solid but it comes out so slow that it seems like it will only hit the opponent if he's afk.
30 Aug 2020, 11:18 AM

Not all commanders are viable, CAS is one of those commanders, but it can still be fun to play.

A good way to use the AT strafe is to use the recon pass first and then try to snipe rocket artillery with the AT strafe. It's not a common tactic, so opponent will likely not react in time, especially if the rocket artillery is close to the edge of the map.

To use it against tanks, you have to somehow block the path of the tank with a vehicle or use TWP with the Pak40, otherwise the strafe simply arrives too slowly. Here's how you block vehicle pathing effectively: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7rPGTaHQDs

That said, I'd say the best ability on this doctrine is by far the suppression strafe, especially against blobby playstyles. It's cheap and has huge AoE.
30 Aug 2020, 16:24 PM

A good way to use the AT strafe is to use the recon pass first and then try to snipe rocket artillery with the AT strafe. It's not a common tactic, so opponent will likely not react in time, especially if the rocket artillery is close to the edge of the map.

To use it against tanks, you have to somehow block the path of the tank with a vehicle or use TWP with the Pak40, otherwise the strafe simply arrives too slowly. Here's how you block vehicle pathing effectively: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7rPGTaHQDs

I suppose the best way is to use it on stunned tanks then, since it's rare to get an opportunity to block a tank during retreat in a tight corridor. I tried using them on tanks with damaged engines, but to no avail, since they can just drive sideways, out of the ability's range. Maybe there's some decent potential with riegel mines, but I almost never saw them in use.

Also, when I tested this ability in a custom game, it seems like it can cause engine crits and stun tanks. Sometimes it stuns, sometimes it causes engine crit or "loader wounded", sometimes it only deals damage without any crits, is there a pattern to it or just pure randomness?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★