Login

russian armor

how to counter Tiger Ace in 1v1?

14 Nov 2013, 08:02 AM

my opponent just had 2 Grenadier left,1 panzer IV,
i have 3 conscript, 1 penal, 1 AT,1 120mm mortar, 1 engineer,tier 1+ tier 4

then he called tiger ACE, rush into my base,killed my AT gun in one shot, one MG bunker in two shot, engineer, penal, mortar and 1 conscript in the base, no doubt, they all got killed, called an su-85, got destoryed in 2 shots, rest of infantry retreat to base coz of the P4, then Tiger ACE killed all the remaining units, AT nade do no damage to health or engine at all.

then GG...................

well, i am not top player, but in this game, i flank well, micro well, but in end, just come back by one unit Tiger Ace, is it a joke?
14 Nov 2013, 08:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I haven't faced the Tiger Ace myself, but from what I understand the best solution would be mining the base entrance(s) since the Ace will invariably base-rush (can't win protracted engagements with no income).
14 Nov 2013, 08:07 AM

I am still yet to have faced one, but I have used it a couple of times and the following seems like the best counters:

• Mines or t34 RAM and prevent the repair at all cost seems like the best way. Hit with Zis-3 or SU-85 from max range and hit it with arty to prevent the repair.
  • Guards button is good because Panzer Tactian cost 30 munitions. All fuel and munitions are cut-off when the Ostheer player brings in the Tiger Ace. Therefore, eventually they will run out of ammo.
  • Base rush Ostheer instead with an M5 half-track if possible.

I'll get back to you when I actually kill one.
14 Nov 2013, 08:22 AM

I got all the map, 3 T34, 2 AT, 2 MG, 3 vet 2,3 infantry..tiger ACE coming up..i outplayed the guy all game...gg
This must be a joke.
14 Nov 2013, 08:23 AM

I rammed it but it got repaired in like 4 seconds :D
14 Nov 2013, 08:26 AM

To answer your question:
i had 2 games in which I encountered TigerAce, lost both even if got all map and army...
Usually the guys save the infantry in the base and wait for TigerAce so after you ram it you still have hard time killing it...but ramming is the best counter.
I suggest when you see tiger ace, retreat all units and reorganize, ram it and kill it
14 Nov 2013, 13:17 PM

I am still yet to have faced one, but I have used it a couple of times and the following seems like the best counters:

• Mines or t34 RAM and prevent the repair at all cost seems like the best way. Hit with Zis-3 or SU-85 from max range and hit it with arty to prevent the repair.
  • Guards button is good because Panzer Tactian cost 30 munitions. All fuel and munitions are cut-off when the Ostheer player brings in the Tiger Ace. Therefore, eventually they will run out of ammo.
  • Base rush Ostheer instead with an M5 half-track if possible.

I'll get back to you when I actually kill one.

upload the replay if possible :)
14 Nov 2013, 13:17 PM

To answer your question:
i had 2 games in which I encountered TigerAce, lost both even if got all map and army...
Usually the guys save the infantry in the base and wait for TigerAce so after you ram it you still have hard time killing it...but ramming is the best counter.
I suggest when you see tiger ace, retreat all units and reorganize, ram it and kill it

I see, but i go T4 most of time, maybe i will build T3 as soon as i have a chance
14 Nov 2013, 14:12 PM

I have an example of killing tiger ace, game uploaded here as i could not uploaded it on this site or GR

http://www.mediafire.com/?28sppjud02tp426

14 Nov 2013, 14:25 PM

I have an example of killing tiger ace, game uploaded here as i could not uploaded it on this site or GR

http://www.mediafire.com/?28sppjud02tp426

awesome!!!!!
14 Nov 2013, 15:14 PM

Well looks like that game was over long time before that ace...
14 Nov 2013, 15:29 PM

the ace killed my 3 SU85 without flanking them and lost 5 percent health. Its even more ridiculous than 5 min t70 imo...
14 Nov 2013, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 15:14 PMKepesos
Well looks like that game was over long time before that ace...

That's because the only way to counter the riger ace is by winning the game before it comes out. You can't just magically pull 4 tanks out of thin air to counter the tiger ace. You either already have a huge tank lead, or you lose.
14 Nov 2013, 17:17 PM

well me and my friend killed 2 of them in 2v2 matchs, both were very lucky because one time tank charged in a path close to our side where i planted 2 AT mine and a Demo charge to defend that flank, those explosives destroyed its engine, then it got killed by my teammate's B4 203mm cannon, they attempt to save that tank but my mortar and rockets, incinerating bomb keep on bombing that position to prevent it from repairing, take quite long though because we don't dare to move anything near it as its turret is fine and it killed two of my AT that try to fire at it like turkey shooting.

another time well the bad path-finding killed it because some how tank AI decide to drive on ice while there is only few trees on land in front of it, so it got send to bottom of water by a AT gun
14 Nov 2013, 17:33 PM
Benefactor 355

I would not even try to engage ace unless it has a crit. Ram works wonders on it, especially if you are able to ram him from behind (PUN INTENDED MVGame). I would also get a sniper or two to pick off engis and infantry thus preventing capping and repair.
14 Nov 2013, 17:49 PM

That's because the only way to counter the Tiger ace is by winning the game before it comes out. You can't just magically pull 4 tanks out of thin air to counter the tiger ace. You either already have a huge tank lead, or you lose.

This.

Tiger ace allows a player who falls badly behind to rapidly catch up and overtake enemy. I feel bad for people who played an even game for 45 minutes and then lose to this because they don't have enough AT.
14 Nov 2013, 17:54 PM

This.

Tiger ace allows a player who falls badly behind to rapidly catch up and overtake enemy. I feel bad for people who played an even game for 45 minutes and then lose to this because they don't have enough AT.

not really a catch up because once it is summoned no more income so no point grab resources points anymore, it is either charge to enemy base to win or die. more like a last stand.
14 Nov 2013, 18:00 PM

not really a catch up because once it is summoned no more income so no point grab resources points anymore, it is either charge to enemy base to win or die. more like a last stand.

I will clarify. When I say catch up, I mean that the army values or the ability to project force can be evened or fully reversed.

The best example of this is the one you stated, which is at the point where a player can attack the opponents base. This leads to another problem which is that units cannot be called onto the field without immediately being engaged (negating the idea of combined arms coordination) and retreating units are killed outright, negating the importance of retreat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★