Login

russian armor

SERVER ROUTING

14 May 2020, 07:54 AM

TLDR: y u no lag fix
*Link/Delete if previously discussed*

Issues:

1) Region based: is there ANY way to determine active servers in the region? CELO always displays the server ping as 0ms. I know for a fact it delays players who aren't in well connected areas/metropolitan areas. Players using Satnet. It doesn't even matter if the country is third world. Many a times the server down message is just blank and your commanders not loading up is the only indication that servers are not connected. Sites like gametracker.com provide region based active servers for certain games.

2) Dev/Console commands: Does anyone know HOW/WHAT the console commands are to determine this or is there anyway we can forward data to Relic which helps in determining these issues. Maybe a log or something? (I know it's a long shot since the relic dev and management have better more profitable priorities with excellent works of art like Dawn of War 3 and Weeb skins and trying to not be seen as apologists in the fragile Political Correctness twitter environment)

3) Freeze Hack: Everyone's experienced this many times. Uncommon occurrences of Bugsplat/dumpfile/sync error/ Player dropped. I've heard suggestions of people removing a common game file to trigger the RNG roll. Hell even players team up from weakly connected servers and exploit the weak server connection to initiate a drophack. I've had instances of some weird "snowcaplimit" command occurring same time as lag in matches on SUMMER MAPS!

4) Blacklist: A lot of Asia region players get a bad rep because of the above mentioned problems, and these same players aren't able to vocalize their issues because of the language barrier. Some of them have to use VPNs and there is no way to determine if a particular account is personal use or from an Internet Gaming Cafe.

Possible Solutions:

1) VoteKick Option.
2) Prevent unstable connections influencing ranked games
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment