Login

russian armor

Unbalanced pay commanders

PAGES (11)down
13 Nov 2013, 22:00 PM

I bought the commanders because I wanted the full online experience.
I did not buy the commanders because I support P2W.

I now hate the new commanders and consider Relic incompetent. Will not buy any more DLC. Fuck you for ruining the game I enjoyed so much, and fuck u even more if u deliberately made the commanders op to boost sales.
13 Nov 2013, 22:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 21:43 PMwooof

i think people are forgetting that vet isnt nearly as powerful after this patch.

Vet 3 isn't as godly as it was before, but a Vet 3 lmg gren squad you can get for a ridiculously cheap price (55mp/20fuel) one minute into the game will murder 2 conscript squads. It's impossible to beat that commander with a normal commander unless the other player is far far worse than you.
13 Nov 2013, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 22:00 PMlink0

Vet 3 isn't as godly as it was before, but a Vet 3 lmg gren squad you can get for a ridiculously cheap price (55mp/20fuel) one minute into the game will murder 2 conscript squads. It's impossible to beat that commander with a normal commander unless the other player is far far worse than you.

If he does that, try T1 and molotovs, snipers will always work.

Ultimately, you will have an advantage in Teching anyway.
13 Nov 2013, 22:06 PM

Dear Stefan haines(the one who designed those commanders) don't design new commanders so you don't ruin this game more than it is now.
13 Nov 2013, 22:07 PM

Dear Stefan haines(the one who designed those commanders) don't design new commanders so you don't ruin this game more than it is now.

+1
13 Nov 2013, 22:20 PM

+1
13 Nov 2013, 22:24 PM

The Soviet Industry commander is just ridiculous. I get spammed with T34s in 1v1, and by the time I have the first P4 the enemy's got like 3 T34s. You can't even counter it with PAKs properly because you can't finish it off and it get's repaired by the repair stations.
13 Nov 2013, 22:25 PM

+1
13 Nov 2013, 22:28 PM

how do you know he designed those commanders? I thought its all Duffys fault..
13 Nov 2013, 22:37 PM

I for one am really disappointed with all the top 100 streamers jumping on the new commanders.

I was really hoping some of them would have looked at them, and helped spread the word about their ridiculousness and urge people not to buy them until Relic balances them. But no, COH gamers are like gamers anywhere, they're not here for the community, or the experience of the game, they're here to win.

Apologies to anyone who actually has condemned them, but I still see ALL of you using them.

This is akin to forming a union or starting a social movement. If you're the one not doing anything, you're part of the problem. And at $4 a pop to win, I don't see that there's enough economic impetus to start a boycott of them, though it would be nice.

This is how it is, and how it shall be, and Marx was wrong. They're sucking us all in, and it's a black hole of pay-to-win. Once you're past the even horizon of buying one commander, you're likely to buy the next even more OP commander to stay competitive. This is how it's going to work, and we're basically all sheep playing into their pyramid scheme.

Hell, even I bought AssGrens. But no more. Not doing it.

13 Nov 2013, 22:40 PM

All haters here are affected by the high standards of coh1. I guess if i would not know coh1, i would love coh2 and hate coh1.
btw. streamers get payed for streaming special content...
13 Nov 2013, 22:42 PM
Benefactor 115

I never played coh1 and just uninistalled coh2 because of this
13 Nov 2013, 22:42 PM

I haven't played for a month but was excited to see a big new balance patch. Reading about these commanders has completely killed my excitement. Just stop feeding this kind of behavior. If it continues, I'm done with this game. Very disappointing, Relic.
13 Nov 2013, 22:47 PM
Benefactor 115

I for one am really disappointed with all the top 100 streamers jumping on the new commanders...Apologies to anyone who actually has condemned them, but I still see ALL of you using them.

it's even worse, people using them and then condemning them in public (probably cause they just lost to someone using it).
13 Nov 2013, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 22:00 PMlink0

Aye. Twenty fuel for uncontested map control is a cheap price indeed. Only decent counter is a sniper, but that leaves you wide open to several strategies (FHT, AC, countersniper with a vetted one). And anyway, a doctrine that forces you into a build order to counter it is a problem in itself.

And, again, it's not like Soviet industry is much better. T-34s at the 6:30 mark anyone? How stupid is that?
13 Nov 2013, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 19:50 PMakula

3 SU85's should take out a tiger ace

3 SUS SHOULD NOT TAKE OUT A TIGER ACE. A Tiger Ace is 2 tigers in 1 skin. And its a hell of alot more expensive then 2 tigers since once you buy it your game is done unless you win it then and there.
13 Nov 2013, 23:31 PM

really people the old commanders were boring as shit. At least these new commanders change it up a bit. Give it some time to find counters. Not even an hour into the patch people were crying op. Before it was releases even. Some in this thread arent even crying about being wronged by it, just crying that it exist. Haven't we all had enough of the nerf bat. That thing never stops swinging just where you like!!!!!!
13 Nov 2013, 23:33 PM

3 SUS SHOULD NOT TAKE OUT A TIGER ACE. A Tiger Ace is 2 tigers in 1 skin. And its a hell of alot more expensive then 2 tigers since once you buy it your game is done unless you win it then and there.

Say Hip hip Hooray for the Deustchland Fanboy
13 Nov 2013, 23:35 PM

While the assault grenadiers & osttruppen launch was kinda problematic...it really pales in comparison to this one.

With remotely similar skill, the soviet industry 5-6 minute T70 rush is just unstoppable. The bought vet doctrine for germans, while not quite as in your face as the industry tank spam, is clearly not a balanced matchup against the old commanders either. Frankly I don't have any clue on how you'd even start to fix these without completely reworking them (which probably isn't an option as people paid for them). I guess a hotfix would be to put both of the first abilities at 2cp so they don't mess up the earlygame this bad.

The douchegun (DSHK) seems to have absolutely no drawbacks either. It's a supermaxim (doing everything atleast as good or better than the maxim) you get at 0cp without having to build T2. It really should've been using the MG42 setup times, and even those wouldn't necessarily balance it out.
13 Nov 2013, 23:38 PM

Inb4 hotfix

But yeah, I think the only counter to vetted Grens is snipers. But vetted P4s are so good already, in midgame, you're screwed if you see them.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS