Login

russian armor

Units reactions

13 Nov 2013, 08:39 AM

Hello

Did they improve the units reactions in the last patch?
I made some games after the patch and I had the feelings that units were more reactives than usual.
Some friends had the same feeling about it.
13 Nov 2013, 09:55 AM
Benefactor 115

yes me and my friends felt the same, don't know about actual response time, but everything just felt smoother
13 Nov 2013, 10:15 AM

It's strange something like that isnt mentionned in the patch note because its like the 1st thing ppl needed on coh2 lol.

Anyway I felt it immediately after my first flanck so I guess it's not just a feeling but the reality
13 Nov 2013, 11:26 AM

This is a quote from the patch notes and could explain what you are experiencing:

Unit Animation Behavior Modifications

This change enables squads to fire within a 180 degree arc, better enabling them to engage other squads while executing combat maneuvers. Previously, their firing arc was far more restricted which lead to a loss of DPS when ordering squads to move.
13 Nov 2013, 13:15 PM

Bit offtopic, does anyone know what this means? Regarding the AI:

"Removed the AI class for medium vehicles and added the AI class for stationary infantry to better represent actual gameplay roles of different units."
13 Nov 2013, 13:24 PM
Benefactor 115

I guess units are divided in different AI classes which share specific behaviour depending on their role, so what I gather from that is that medium vechicles hadn't a specific enough behaviour to deserve their own class (they will share the one of light/heavy vehicles then) and some infantry units (mgs) behaved too much like mobile infantry, thus needing a more specific behaviour. roughly
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 16
unknown 6
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak