Login

russian armor

More team maps for CoH2

12 Nov 2013, 21:14 PM

There seems to be a lack of large team maps for coh2 currently. With the release of the world builder today, i was hoping to have an original 3v3 map ready to share. I wasnt able to finish in time unfortunately, but i figured id share some other maps instead.

theres been a lot of requests for some coh1 maps to be added to coh2. i figured id start by converting route n13 and montargis region. i tried to make these conversions as direct as possible with minimal changes. the resource systems are obviously very different in the two games though, so i had to change most points from fuel and munitions . even as normal points, the resource income is extremely high, but removing territories would change the map. i figured i would leave all the territories for you purists out there. i may release another version later with fewer territories.

for all you campers/comp-stompers out there, i converted scheldt as well. i tried not to make changes on this map too. the resources actually work better on this map since there are very few points. i still changed 3 of the munitions to regular points though. i also made the bridges to the middle vp slightly wider because vehicles were getting stuck there.

finally, ive also modified two coh2 maps to allow more players. moscow outskirts always seemed big for 2-4 players, so i made it allow 6 players now as well. the other map i modified is somewhat of a joke, but still fun. in beta, we really like playing langreskaya, but we also like playing large team games. to solve our dilemma, i made langres allow 8 players by expanding the bases. its not pretty, but it works and it makes for a hectic fast paced game.

i dont think i need to add pictures of these maps, since everyone should know what they look like. let me know if you find any bugs. any suggestions on how to improve these maps are welcome (particularly the resources/territories). i may also be willing to convert/modify other coh1/coh2 maps if i have time (scheldt winter?).

Route N13

Scheldt

Angoville

more links coming

to install these maps, just download the .sga and place it in C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\Mods\Scenarios
12 Nov 2013, 23:23 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

downloading all of them, thanks :)
13 Nov 2013, 01:20 AM

Thanks man good stuff :P
14 Nov 2013, 16:17 PM

a spêcial thanks to you , especially for the sheldt ;)
14 Nov 2013, 16:23 PM

meanwhile, if you may explain me how you convert from coh1 to coh2.

14 Nov 2013, 19:19 PM

Permanently Banned
i cant believe what i will say but, only sheldt is "balanced". :D

14 Nov 2013, 22:57 PM

well the coh2 maps should be as balanced as they were originally. i dont think moscow has any issues, but langres does. i could try to change the cutoffs a bit.

as for the coh1 maps, i already said scheldt is the only one that works well with the new resource system. im hoping eagleheart will make it possible to change the resource value of points soon, otherwise ill have to start cutting down the number of territories.
14 Nov 2013, 23:10 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 22:57 PMwooof
well the coh2 maps should be as balanced as they were originally. i dont think moscow has any issues, but langres does. i could try to change the cutoffs a bit.

as for the coh1 maps, i already said scheldt is the only one that works well with the new resource system. im hoping eagleheart will make it possible to change the resource value of points soon, otherwise ill have to start cutting down the number of territories.

convest 4 SP into 1? -sector artillery.
25 Nov 2013, 19:26 PM

It's been a lot of fun playing Scheldt in CoH2. Thank you.

It feels very similar. It's unfortunate the AI apparently doesn't rebuild bridges. The bridges themselves also feel very fragile, with a German AT gun being able to quickly knock out a bridge via "attack ground". I'm glad you made the static bridges wider as it seems units get stuck on every piece of gravel or pothole around.
25 Nov 2013, 19:40 PM

On the topic of custom map team games in CoH2, this is the steamgroup you can use to set them up easily using the in-game chat.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/coh2custommaps

Hope you find it useful.
25 Nov 2013, 21:01 PM

Excellent work, and thank you :D
25 Nov 2013, 21:31 PM

27 Nov 2013, 17:16 PM

How did you import these over so fast in a day? is there a shortcut to do this?
13 Jan 2014, 05:20 AM

going to fix the minimap bugs and make a tactical map for these. then ill publish them to the workshop as i finish them. so far only scheldt is done
23 Jan 2014, 23:35 PM

added a rough version of angoville
23 Jan 2014, 23:42 PM

Permanently Banned
nice
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %