Login

russian armor

Suggestion: Allow Brits to pay tech to access Sniper at T0

29 Jan 2020, 15:18 PM
Donator 11

I think of the UC as a bit of a trap unit. Tooling it up with the Vickers to help it deal with the Sniper is an expensive investment that is punished pretty hard by a fast 222. It also denies you the Wasp upgrade which tends to be more useful against most Ostheer units.
29 Jan 2020, 15:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Sniper arrives pretty damn early for Brits right now. Soon, sections will be back to their overpowered state, and will be rolling over Ostheer again. The sniper will be the only thing that Ost can crutch on vs Brits.
29 Jan 2020, 16:04 PM

To me, the main reason the Brit Sniper is so underutilised is that it comes too late. It often comes onto the field facing an Ost Sniper and 222 already built. But simply putting it at T0 would make it the cheapest sniper in the game and probably too punishing.

It comes out in just under 140 seconds if you rush it. The AT sniper is the third unit.

Ostheer can do it in just under 60 if they build the sniper as their second unit. But that's just a Pioneer and a Sniper. No Grenadiers, no HMG, nothing.

Ostheer does it in just under 100 seconds if they build an HMG first. The Sniper is the third unit.

I'm pretty sure you could close the timing gap between those two by letting the UKF sniper get in the UC. I'm actually not sure why it can't already: it's a closed halftrack mechanically, and snipers can enter other closed halftracks.
29 Jan 2020, 17:52 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2020, 16:04 PMLago

It comes out in just under 140 seconds if you rush it. The AT sniper is the third unit.

Ostheer can do it in just under 60 if they build the sniper as their second unit. But that's just a Pioneer and a Sniper. No Grenadiers, no HMG, nothing.

Ostheer does it in just under 100 seconds if they build an HMG first. The Sniper is the third unit.

I'm pretty sure you could close the timing gap between those two by letting the UKF sniper get in the UC. I'm actually not sure why it can't already: it's a closed halftrack mechanically, and snipers can enter other closed halftracks.

Allowing the Sniper to ride (but not shoot) in the UC is an interesting idea.

The 2 minute 20 timing on the Sniper is very horrible, which is why it is so uncommon. By that point the first engagement is well underway or lost already. Your sniper is likely to be pushing onto the field with very little support or spotters.

Contrast with my preferred Ost Sniper opening against Brit. The Sniper has the Pioneer for forward spotting in the first engagement and has Grens for mainline support.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
Peru 11
United Kingdom 44
unknown 7
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W