Login

russian armor

Sega hiring CoH QA

9 Dec 2019, 07:35 AM
Patrion 310

Sege Europe is hiring QA testers for new CoH content/game. One of the requirement is 100 hours in CoH/Total War games.

SEGA Functionality QA Senior Tester (TW || CoH):
https://www.jobs.bg/job/5149351
https://archive.ph/1GFvV
*SNIP*
Knowledge and playtime (100h+) of the Total War franchise (preferably from Warhammer 1 and forward) and/or equivalent knowledge and playtime for Company of Heroes series.

This is Sega Europe’s new QA team sharing studio with CA (also known as CA Sofia):
https://www.coh2.org/topic/89882/new-sega-europe-ca-studio
9 Dec 2019, 08:39 AM

Thats nice to see, I suppose we can get (slowly) exited for COH 3. Hopefully we get some official announcement soon.
Vaz
10 Dec 2019, 07:20 AM

Thats nice to see, I suppose we can get (slowly) exited for COH 3. Hopefully we get some official announcement soon.

They aren't even staffed up....shouldn't get your hopes up so soon
10 Dec 2019, 18:51 PM

By the time COH3 will be out majority of the now dwindle RTS crowd will be in their late 30s and 40s. The new kids love that Fortnite BS these days.
10 Dec 2019, 19:44 PM

By the time COH3 will be out majority of the now dwindle RTS crowd will be in their late 30s and 40s. The new kids love that Fortnite BS these days.

Unfortunately, you're probably right (partially; the RTS genre is likely too niche to for CoH-type "$60" games to be profitable (but I'm no market analyst). While I do think there's some sort of new CoH game coming, I don't think it's going to be the "CoH3" many people are expecting.

I don't think it's an issue of "new kids" not being interested in RTS, though. It's likely just a naturally declining genre; "Arena Shooters" (Quake type games, etc.) have had similar issues in recent years, despite there 'supposedly' being a large demand for modern games in that style, and those are very fast pace 'twitch' shooters that many would expect to be popular.

If there ever is a CoH sequel, I'd expect it to be an F2P "CoH2 relaunch". This would mean recycling a lot of the underlying assets (art, UI, code, etc.) to keep costs down, but then adding a bunch of new features/modes/"Cosmetic MTX" to drive interest and profit. Basically, I'm expecting another attempt at 'Company of Heroes: Online'.
11 Dec 2019, 15:59 PM

That is a non-technical, junior QA role. Doesn't speak much to their dev methodology if that's as sophisticated as it gets.

They should at least be looking at tools like newman and nodeJS
11 Dec 2019, 16:20 PM

Unfortunately, you're probably right (partially; the RTS genre is likely too niche to for CoH-type "$60" games to be profitable (but I'm no market analyst). While I do think there's some sort of new CoH game coming, I don't think it's going to be the "CoH3" many people are expecting.

I don't think it's an issue of "new kids" not being interested in RTS, though. It's likely just a naturally declining genre; "Arena Shooters" (Quake type games, etc.) have had similar issues in recent years, despite there 'supposedly' being a large demand for modern games in that style, and those are very fast pace 'twitch' shooters that many would expect to be popular.

If there ever is a CoH sequel, I'd expect it to be an F2P "CoH2 relaunch". This would mean recycling a lot of the underlying assets (art, UI, code, etc.) to keep costs down, but then adding a bunch of new features/modes/"Cosmetic MTX" to drive interest and profit. Basically, I'm expecting another attempt at 'Company of Heroes: Online'.

Pretty much this. Games like Fortnite make a lot more money from cosmetics or convenience than most traditional types of games make in total.
11 Dec 2019, 17:01 PM
Patrion 310

That is a non-technical, junior QA role. Doesn't speak much to their dev methodology if that's as sophisticated as it gets.

They should at least be looking at tools like newman and nodeJS

Can you translate the buzzwords/meaning to the average joe?
So they want to maximize profit and cut corners?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★