Login

russian armor

Game Starting Error

6 Dec 2019, 12:38 PM

I need a tech assist please: I have been playing COH2 for more than 6 years and have more than 5,000 hours in game. All of it comp stomp against AI. I cannot play against other players as I have some injuries that keep me from doing anything fast (microing). The last time I played was yesterday. Now, when I try and start a game, I still get the COMPANY OF HEROES title screen with the aerial view over Stalingrad and I still get the theme music. But, here is where it stays. It never moves on to the game screens. My only way out of this screen is Task Manager and end task. Pressing ENTER or ESC does nothing.
So, I tried it after turning off my Anti-Virus (Bitdefender). Nothing changed. I uninstalled BitDefender and still no change. I disabled Microsoft Windows Defender. No change. I uninstalled COH2 as well as Steam, and re-installed them both. But still I get the very same result. I also cleared the browser cache and verified installation files but this also changed nothing. Then I went to DOCUMENTS, then MY GAMES. Right clicked, then clicked on the PROPERTIES tab. Clicked on PREVIOUS VERSIONS and I selected a version of that same MY GAMES folder from just a few days ago and I restored the folder to the older version. Replaced all of the sub-files with the files that worked from a few days ago. The game worked normally and I played one game. I exited and went to breakfast. Came back to start another game and the original problem had returned... it stayed stuck on the title screen again.
I am desperate at this point and open to suggestions.
My computer is only 3 months old and here are the specs:
Alienware Aurora R8
32GB DDR4 at 2666MHz Dual Channel
64-Bit Windows 10 Home
256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
9th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 9 700K (8-Core, 12MB Cache, Over clocked up to 4.6GHz across all cores)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready) updated on 26 November.
Any ideas?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS